iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Odd finds in the woods

Started by Ken, August 06, 2015, 09:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken

The property I am working on now is littered with old cars and trucks which is not all that uncommon.   

But I've never found a motorcycle hanging in a tree.  If you look closely you can see that a chain was hooked to the back rack and tied up higher than the rope holding up the front of the bike before the tree broke. 

Lots of toys for working in the bush

jmouton

thats pretty kool,,,, did you know that they were hiding out there  before you started cutting or just stumbled upon them ,,  ive got a few old cars  out back of the ten acres i got ,, been there a while

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

longtime lurker

I found an old percussion revolver once. Rusted of course, but still identifiable for what it was. That was in very arid country and my guess is that it had lain there for the best part of 100 years.

Then theres this one: I'm trying to fall this big yard tree and put in a cut... Kill a chain. Move down the tree 6", put in a cut... Kill a chain. Move up the tree... Put in a cut, kill a chain. You expect a bit of metal with yard trees right but this is ridiculous. And this old guy wanders down from the house next door on a walking frame and says " you won't have much luck there young fella, when we moved into this house in 1946 there was a set of leaf springs from a chev bliz truck leaning up against that tree..." .
Move up the tree 6' and all was well. I often wondered how the stump grinder dude made out. :D
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

gjersy

Neat pictures Ken, i always worry about running over some sharp hidden metal and wrecking a tire when there is junk around. I always find it funny when the land owners always say that there "yard tree" doesn't have metal in it, they always do.
If life gives you lemons, throw 'em into a quart of vodka.

lopet

Quote from: Ken on August 06, 2015, 09:01:31 PM

But I've never found a motorcycle hanging in a tree.  If you look closely you can see that a chain was hooked to the back rack and tied up higher than the rope holding up the front of the bike before the tree broke. 

Rare find  Ken !   I bet the tire still holding air. ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Texas Ranger

Nothing like that, but have found a couple of bodies.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!