iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Purchasing my first sawmill

Started by Vender, October 31, 2018, 02:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

@Vender,did you click onto one of the pictures that came up in that link? These are aluminum handles. I doubt,under normal usage,these will bend. Get someone that weighs 350 and says I will bend it.....,well that's diffeant.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Quote from: Vender on November 01, 2018, 02:35:20 PM
Quote from: Magicman on November 01, 2018, 12:35:58 PM
You will absolutely need a cant hook:  Standard Series Cant Hook - Logrite Tools LLC

I favor the 60".  Contact Tammy and tell her that the Forestry Forum sent you.
Wood handle?  I have a metal one that I just folded in half.
It was not a Logrite.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Vender

Quote from: thecfarm on November 01, 2018, 06:39:46 PM
@Vender,did you click onto one of the pictures that came up in that link? These are aluminum handles. I doubt,under normal usage,these will bend. Get someone that weighs 350 and says I will bend it.....,well that's diffeant.
I did. Time for a good one. Thank you. 

MAF143

We have a HM 126 with the 9.5 hp engine.  We saw almost exclusively hardwoods and my neighbor saws old oak barn beams.  We use 7 degree blades and can't complain.  The smaller motor works fine for us since we aren't out to set production records.  It starts pretty easy also, no harder than our push mower.  We didn't much care for the 10 degree blade that came on the mill.  We bought Woodmizer 9 degree blades and when I sharpen them I grind them to the 7 degree setting and it seems to work best on the hardwoods.  I have an egraver and mark each blade when they are sharpened to keep records of the times sharpened and set, etc...  Figure out how you are going to handle your blades so you have a plan on keeping them sharp.  I'm a blade changer...  If I even think it might be starting to get dull, CHANGE IT.

Welcome to the world of owning a sawmill.  We got ours because we have 63 acres of woods and hate to see any of it go to waste.  We will have it commercially timbered when it is ready, but the cullings and smaller stuff works for most of our lumber needs around the farm here.

That EZ boardwalk Jr. looks like a pretty good set up too.  
Always having a great day!
Husky 357 self ported, MS 250 MM, MS 362  MM, HM-126, Ferguson TO-35, '04 F-250 wood cuttin' truck, splitter, Woodland Mills Grindlux 4000 sharpener, Vogelzang Ponderosa keeping us warm

Vender

I'm with you on a sharp blade. I'm the same way with my chainsaws.

OK I am ready to order my Woodland Mills HM126.
I am going with the bigger motor. I like HP.
ANYTHING you can suggest before I push the button?
Discount codes??

Thank You Sponsors!