iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Earth quake in Maine???

Started by thecfarm, October 16, 2012, 07:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Phorester,I doubt it was even enough to tip a chair over.  :D I was glad of one thing.The news did not talk about it for 15 minutes straight.seems like we get a foot of snow,they go on for 15 minutes about it.  ::)  Not like we live in MS. We get snow and we are ready for it. It's not a big deal.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

shinnlinger

I thought my chimney was on fire at first but it was just an earthquake....
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Okrafarmer

A foot of snow would cause some trouble here, especially if it stuck around for a few days.

The 2011 earthquake, my wife felt here in SC, but I was on the tractor baling hay and never felt it.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Blue Sky

The ancient land mass known as the creaton has its' boundary in Maine, near where this quake happens.  Any one hear about the New Madris Fault.  Well these two are connected and that old fault line is pretty stressed right now .  In fact, the whole world is shaking a whole lot.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 16, 2012, 07:25:15 PM
That's probably unusual that far up North.....right?

Quite frequent here in NB. McAdam had several this spring, it's not far from Maine. I think it also changed an aquifer for the town so one source of water dried up. It's was called an "earthquake swarm". Most quakes up here are under a 3. Back in the eighties we had two at the house here around 5.3 or so and years ago one settled the house here a couple inches on the west end and it's on top of shale (ledge we call it). The capital city here is smack dab on an ancient fault and there is a river under the one you see above.

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Okrafarmer

The great New Madrid earthquake (s) happened about 200 years ago and some geologists have been specualting another one could happen any time. Of course, there is no reason to say it couldn't. As I understand, that one rang church bells in Boston, but the epicenter was in Missouri.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!