iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill & Woodlot

Started by Magicman, January 26, 2016, 01:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I just finished reading this Wisconsin Redwood (again) and decided that it was about time for me to subscribe to Sawmill & Woodlot.  An article about this sawing penned by Jeff Brokaw appears in the July 2007 issue.  :P
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

MrMoo

I didn't realize they were still around. Good magazine. Thanks

Seavee

I subscribed before I even have my mill. There's a link to the left. 
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

GDinMaine

I few months ago I wrote on the Sawmill & Woodlot facebook page.  I pointed out that they used a photo in normal and in flipped version in a recent issue of the magazine. I view such practice as low ethical standard.
My comment was promptly deleted.
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

drobertson

This publication is by far the best investment for intro sawing and wood lot management I've seen.  It was the base for getting me started in the milling industry.  As far as the "shoot out" goes, hats off to Walter, Dave B, and JR S, these guys are the guts of it.  JR is pretty much bad to the bone on the skidsteer.  If you have watched him you know what I'm saying.. And no one can discount Yvonne's contribution, she keeps everyone in line and on track.   The bottom line is the manufacturing reps that show up with great attitudes and machines ready for the challenge.  It is lots of fun at the end of the day, not counting mud ;D but it seems par for the course the first part of October in Ohio, if not sleet and snow,, The magazine has so many insights, too many to mention, but worthy of stashing back for reference, the online version is a great enhancement as well.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Dave Shepard

I recently re-subscribed to S&W. I have a lot of back issues. I'd like to get them all someday. It's cool to see people I know here on the Forum. Dave Boyt and JR are two that I remember offhand.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!