iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

241 C-M master control lever

Started by snonut12, July 27, 2019, 03:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snonut12

I recently purchased both model 241C-M and 261C-M new. After I took them home I noticed that the 241C-M has a different master control lever than as on the 261C-M. The lever switch on the 241 does not have the momentarily contact style in which as soon as you turn the saw off and let go of the switch, it automatically reset back to the ON position. My 261 does have that one. It seems the 241 I bought is an older model (manufactured in 2014) as verified by the serial number. The 261 I have was recently manufactured earlier this year, again as verified by the serial number.

I would like both saws to have the same switch setup, so I would not keep getting confused when I switch between saws. I could see myself potentially trying to start the 241 and flood the engine if I forget to turn the switch back to the ON position.

Looks at parts diagrams, I am thinking and hoping to be able to retrofit the newer momentarily style switch on my 241. But the diagram showed two different switches and does not say which each is for. Also it looks like I might possible]y need a newer shroud (orange plastic engine cover) too? Anything else? Is it possible to do this retrofit?

Can anyone with newer model 241c-m please verify whether if you have the momentarily contact switch or not? Also can anyone verify the part number for the shroud, which should be able to be found under the shroud itself?

Thank you for any help you may provide.

trapper

My 241c has the momentary master control swich just like my 261
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

snonut12

Quote from: trapper on July 27, 2019, 10:32:21 PM
My 241c has the momentary master control swich just like my 261
Thank you. If it would not be too much of a trouble, would it be possible for you to attach a photo showing the momentary switch and shroud on your saw? I'm trying to figure out if I will need a different shroud for the newer switch. 

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Thank You Sponsors!