iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Helpful (forestry related) IPHONE Apps...?

Started by Piston, May 03, 2010, 07:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piston

I held off buying one of those fancy superphones for a long time now but finally gave in and ordered an Iphone. 
What are some helpful forestry related apps you guys with iphones are using? 
I'm interested in any that have anything to do with the subjects on this forum, from timberframing to milling to tree i.d. to....you get the idea.   :D :D
Let's hear em....
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

OneWithWood

I.D. Wood and TreeID both reside on my iPhone.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

fishpharmer

I just thought of a great new app for iPhones.  We need an app that lets  you download photos directly from the iPhone to the forum.

Whatcha think Jeff?  Anybody?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Jeff

Phone operating systems are well beyond my scope of knowledge.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jeffreythree

Quote from: fishpharmer on May 05, 2010, 07:21:51 AM
I just thought of a great new app for iPhones.  We need an app that lets  you download photos directly from the iPhone to the forum.

Whatcha think Jeff?  Anybody?

It is an extra step, but you can upload to flikr.com(and others I assume).  You set up a mobile account there which gives you an email to send the photos from the phone to flikr.  Then use the url upload here on the site from a public photo on your flikr account.  I have posted whole threads on forums while in the woods or fishing at my pond.  I have an Android phone and just use the Forestry Forum Tool Box for the few things I need.  An app with those functions would be cool for areas without service.
Trying to get out of DFW, the land of the $30,000 millionaires.  Look it up.

Piston

Quote from: Jeff on May 05, 2010, 07:39:20 AM
It is an extra step, but you can upload to flikr.com(and others I assume).  You set up a mobile account there which gives you an email to send the photos from the phone to flikr.  Then use the url upload here on the site from a public photo on your flikr account.

I Knew you could do this because I've read many ride reports on advrider.com that people have posted using only their phones, but I didn't know how, so thanks for that advice, I'll check it out and give it a test.
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Thank You Sponsors!