iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

winter has finally arrived

Started by breederman, January 06, 2005, 04:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedarman

This has been one weather season for the books and we're just getting started. Here in So In we had the driest Sept on record .17 inch and then the wettest Oct., 2 or 3 feet!  Exagerating!  Then just wet to make it the wettest year on record, 67 inches.  Then late Dec snow. Salem In recorded 32 inches. Wow!!  Then a week later it was mostly gone.  Now we are back to rain. Take a guess how are mill yard looks?

The beauty of a white Christmas was something else.

Long range forecast is for cold and dry startingJan 13 through the 22.  Hope the forecasters are right. We've got a lot of water to drain off.

Plus side, no ticks, no mosquitoes and I don't get hot wearing chaps. The woods has its own strange beauty with glistening leaves, grey spooky trees, and weird lighting.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Kirk_Allen

We were just on the edge of the last snow storm but the rain has been killing us.  4" two days ago.  Local schools were closed because of flooding. They couldnt flush the toilets.

Woke up this morning to 7 inches of snow.  Now where did that come from?  When I went to be they said a 20% chance of flurries.  OK, I know.  Never put much faith in the weather folks. Its out of their control.

Supposed to get to 40 today.  Great, another mud pond in the log yard :(  All the rain has suturated everything and now with all the melting snow it should be a real mess this weekend.

Furby

What ya mean "no mosquitoes"?
What ya do, send them up here?
They may not be as bad as summer, but the houses are loaded with them. :o
It's not too offten I have to swat mosquitoes while trying to type, in JANUARY, in Michigan!

Jeff,
I can't get a pic to show up well enough from those cameras. If I can dig up an S video cable in the next couple of days, I may be able to get something to work.

Furby

Just in case you all don't belive I have a lot of mosquitoes in the house............... I had bat flying around in the house earlier today. :o
It got away before I could catch it, so it's still there someplace. Not sure how it got in, I have a few small cracks that it could have crawled through, but I'm guessing it flew in some night when I came home.
Now if I could only figure out where it's hiding.............

isawlogs

The winter is back here with a bite .... It was -30C here this morning ... Its allmost noon and it is still at -27C the sun is out though at least it is nice to look at through the windows  ;D
 I'll go and put another stick in the furnace ....
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Murf

Marcel, we're no luckier here mon ami, the temp is the same but they say we're getting a foot of new snow tonite and into tomorrow morning.

A plowing we will go, a plowing we will go, la la la la-la.  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Bill Johnson

-30 at noon hour here guys, with the wind it feels a little cooler.  Good news is it's supposed to warmup to -29 tonite and start snowing  :D
Bill

wiam

Murf,
Plowers around here call them pennies frm heaven. 8) 8)

Will

Ed_K

I'm doin like isawlogs, puttin wood in the furnace. It was -7 F here this morning, and you'alls snow will be here tomorrow night  :'(. Been so cold this last week the skidder won't start.
Ed K

Woodcarver

We're getting the snow here now. At 6:00 P.M. the weathermen were saying we might get 5 inches. At 10:00 they said 3 to 8 inches in addition to the two that had already fallen, with locally heavier snow in some areas. Translation: they don't have a clue.  ::)

Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Jeff

Todays Forecast:

Partly cloudy with a few scattered snow showers. YEA, RIGHT!
4 inches of new snow so far and getting heavier.  :D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

We might see the same by monday, suppose to be rain in Saint John. We squeeked by the Boston storm, was sunny all day here. :) My driveway has melted out again.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!