iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Juniper and gun case

Started by Bill Gaiche, November 30, 2013, 07:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gaiche

Sawed some Juniper for a 15 gun, gun cabinet. Its not the best to get good lumber from. Its twisted, crooked, ingrown bark and knots. The log in this photo is over 600 yrs. old. Will use it for something else because its not good enough for lumber. Didn't know that this old log was that old. It came from Chama, NM. bg

Magicman

Coming from Chama, it probably had some ingrown peppers somewhere.   smiley_devil_trident
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

I sawed out some cedar that was twisted like that. I gave it the, hit it on the ground test and it failed. It split,well kinda split,at an angle.It followed the twist.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

redprospector

Quote from: Magicman on November 30, 2013, 08:15:57 PM
Coming from Chama, it probably had some ingrown peppers somewhere.   smiley_devil_trident

Naw; No peppers in New Mexico. Them would be ingrown chillie's.  ;)

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Seaman

Beautiful log.......I mean...

Yea , it looks useless. I will take this burden off your hands for a small fee, and you pay shipping. ;D Us FF types are like that when a Brother is in a bind!
Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Thank You Sponsors!