iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas on the road

Started by james, December 22, 2006, 06:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james

will be delivering in Miami on the 26th figured Id let the guys with families have it off (sides the co pays $200 to drive on the 25th)
I figure stop in Marianna , Fl on the 23rd then down towards Miami on the 25th  get in and deliver first thing on the 26th re-load in Edgewater and head back west
james :(

pasbuild

Thats a very kind and thoughtful act on your part James, my wife does the same thing every year for her co-workers that have younger children at home, makes her feel real good so I don't say anything.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

dewwood

Thats nice James.  Have a Merry Christmas! :)
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

james

this job is pretty hard on folks with a fambly ,  being single it dont really matter much to me but being away from a wife and kids on Christmas would be too rough imo
james

Furby

DanG

Well, yup!  Matter of fack, I'm about 35 miles east of Marianna, just off I-10. ;D  You got a PM comin', James. 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Furby

Mooseherder

Yep, If yer on I-95 or Turnpike via West Palm on the 26th and want to meet for coffee or lunch. I'm buying. If your going down the Turnpike on the 25th, traffic might be heavy for the Jets at Miami game that night. If you're going down I-75, thats about 70 miles south of here. Sent PM.

DanG

Just got off the phone after a couple of hours chatting with James.  We was just doing a little planning on what we'll be talking about on Sunday when he comes here. ;D 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Chris Burchfield

Dang, now aint that just like family!  James might have prefered a trip through Memphis where we could have gone out for BBQ Memphis style. Dang, showing good form.  8)
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Furby

sawguy21

see james, you have absolutely no excuse to spend Christmas alone. Family wherever you
go. 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DanG

Well, me and James had us a good ol' time today!  I picked him up at a nearby rest area about 10:30 this morning and brought him here.  We did a lot of visiting, killed a couple pots of coffee, sawed some lumber, fed the beasties, and burned up a lot of firewood in the ol' Dodge wheel.  Oh yeah, we watched it rain for quite a while, too.  Then we headed up to Burger King to get a bite on the way back to his truck and the DanG place was already closed, so we went into town and got a pizza.  I got him back on the road and got home just in time for Linda to head to work at 10pm.  I hope James had as good a time as I did. :) 8)

beenthere

Well DanG, James did say he was kinda quiet. Now did you do all the talkin and he jes listened?  :)  Or is James not as quiet as he let on to be  ???
Sure glad he didn't spend the day alone on the road. That would be tough to do. I like driving, but not sitting around in a strange place doin nuthin.
Sounds like you had a great day too. I look forward to someday gettin a chance to sit around with you and chewin the fat.  Some day..........
Thanks for fillin us in.
Merry Christmas
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

james

Had me a fun time visitin with DanG
even got a few pictures to prove it

DanG, his mill , and the log we cut up

som of the lumber sittin on the forks of his tractor

ltl whack o lumber

what i was hauling
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
had a great time , thanx agin
james

Captain

I THOUGHT being Christmas Eve, DanG would have his red hat on...

Looks Like Fun, Merry Christmas James.

Captain

Stephen1

Looks like you guys had a nice time!
Nice to be around some friends & or family at this time of year.
Merry Christmas!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Jeff

Merry Christmas James!  We were lucky enough to get to visit with James one weekend when he was hauling boats in Michigan. Looking forward to the next time.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DWM II

DanG is an example of whats right with the world. FF=Forestry Family.
Merry Christmas DanG, James.
Stewardship Counts!

DanG

Now before any of you anal-ists go to anal-izing that lumber, I gotta file my excuses.  That was a real purty water oak log, but was one of the worst I ever sawed.  I ain't never seen so much tension in a log.  We sawed a couple of 2x4s and a 3x4, to get some blocks for James' trailer.  They only needed to be about a foot long, so that part worked out ok.  The rest of it just took off in all directions, right off the saw.  I finally just reconfigured and cut some 5/4x2" strips to make rockers for chairs.  I may still have to steam them to get them straight enough! ::) :D

LeeB

I wasn't gonna say any thing about the boards, but man what a pile of sawdust around your mill. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

DWM II

That was a mighty impressive pile of sawdust. :o
Stewardship Counts!

Wilmar

Sounds like a good time had by one and all

William

DanG

LeeB, that sawdust ain't as bad as it looks in the pic.  Ya shoulda seen it before I cleaned it up! :o :D :D  I have a sort of floor, just a bunch of boards laying across the frame, to keep the sawdust from falling down among all the cross-braces.  It makes clean-up quick and easy, but I have to do it more often.  Also, it allows me to walk across the mill instead of climbing on the frame.  Another side benefit is, it looks like I've been a very busy boy when I really ain't done diddlysquat. ;D :D :D

Captain, I have a couple of red hats but I don't wear them this time of year.  It attracts too many little short people wanting me to give them all my stuff. ::)

james

just had meself a good visit/dinner with Glen - he got a picture of us infront of Cracker Barrel where we went to eat and chat getin to meet a few more FF members all the time 8) 8) 8)
james

Thank You Sponsors!