iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arkansas Sportsman Unite to Keep the AGFC independent

Started by Larry, March 29, 2009, 02:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

The Arkansas Legislature is considering an constitutional amendment to take away the independence of AGFC. 

As most know gas has been discovered in northern Arkansas.  Referred to as the Fayetteville shale play.  Our independent AGFC (Arkansas Game & Fish Commission) has sold leases to gas exploration companies and stands to receive a lot of money.  Our legislature is not happy...they want that money for there own projects.

The bill introduced to repeal the independence of our AGFC.

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assembly/2009/R/Pages/BillInformation.aspx?measureno=SJR11

Another bill to harass the AGFC by lowering all permit fees to $2.  This one makes no sense at all and is an attempt to destroy the AGFC.

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assembly/2009/R/Bills/SB874.pdf

Frivolous lawsuits have also been filed.  Attempts are being made to nickel and dime the AGFC.  The Arkansas Democrat Gazette has been following developments to keep us informed.

Arkansas sportsman we need your voice to tell the legislature leave the AGFC ALONE...HANDS OFF.

To contact your representative:

http://www.arkansas.gov/senate/senators.php
http://www.arkansas.gov/house/reps.php

One project close to home here in nw Arkansas is the pending new fish hatchery.  Our old hatchery is an antique with a failing water supply.  It's not able to supply the needed fish for our rivers and lakes.  New hatcheries cost mega-bucks to build.  I'm afraid if the legislature controls the AGFC we, along with our descendants will never see that new hatchery.

Our AGFC needs our support now.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

fishpharmer

That sounds typical.  Greed is a powerful thing.  The side with the most political power will win.  Most likely not the game and fish commission.  Although it sound like they have some bargaining power.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Larry

That's why its important to call, write, or email your representatives.  They are working for you...tell em what you want...only you can make a difference...and if they don't do it vote em out next time.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Tom

You can also not vote for any new taxes or any changes to the State constitution while you are in the process of finding new representatives.   

When confronted with a bunch that is eaten up with the greed and control of public office, I'd be dad-gummed vocal about looking for new ones too.

Ron Wenrich

We had a big upheaval at our state government just a couple of years ago.  They voted themselves pay raises, then left on summer recess.  They came back to an irate public that was politically motivated. 

We booted out 25% of the elected officials, and all of the top management.  We even sent one to jail on over 100 counts of corruption.  Another has just been arrested.  They promised us reform. 

After 3 years, we've got nothing.  A few smatterings of reform, but nothing like it was promised.  Parties, lobbyists and money are still running the show.  Term limits seem to be the only answer for us.

Our Game Commission is independent.  They have land that will be getting money from the gas leases.  But, our legislature hasn't got to the point where they want to take that money.  Hunters still have some political clout. 

Good luck with your fight.  Use the Internet and local talk shows to light some fires.  We had a few guys that became political advocates and ended up making a living from it. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Chico

Sounds like ya'll did a good job Ron What I don't get is people get upset about things just like your talking about and I'll be danged if they don't vote them back in They push the facts under the rug cause He's changed He 's diff now all that BS. To me it's kinda like the deal when some body dies all you hear aw he was a good old boy etc . when he was really a sob .My opinion is the only diff is he's a dead sob now and not a live one to cause people more misery
My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

Thank You Sponsors!