iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heatmor boiling

Started by r.man, January 14, 2013, 09:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I had to replace one of mine when it was cold this winter. Yes,they both will be replaced this summer. But this time I will be able to let the water cool off. Try putting a ¾ inch heater hose on with water coming out ¾ inch around at 180°. :o :o  This time it cracked just after the hose clamp. The first time was at the bend of the hose,kinda in the middle. This time I just cut a little off the end and shoved it back on. Another person would of helped to hold something over the open port of gushing water.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed

I turned some tapered wood plugs on my lathe...just shove them in the ports as you remove the hoses. ;D

Ed

thecfarm

Right,but the plug needs to removed to put the hose back on. That was the problem.Putting the hose back on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

1countryboy

You should replace the 2 hoses every summer.   the hose rubber gets hard from the heat and cracks.   Mine always cracked just behind the hose clamps.  Several pair of vice grips and clamp both hoses.   Then cut one at a time and replace.   Welding gloves and one hose at a time and u do NOT need a plug.   Yes, water is hot.   Do the simple maintance and you will have no problems.   The hoses are from the boiler to the door.  The door is water cooled.  
Ohio Certified Tree Farm, Ohio Centennial Farms, Ashland County Soil Conservation Award., USDA/ASCS/FSA forest management(TSI) 1963 to present, retired educator, NOT retired farmer and a real farm shop to fix all my old equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!