iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pick-up Load

Started by Loesshillslogging, November 04, 2015, 02:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loesshillslogging

Ok, I haven't been on in awhile, bow hunting and working are my excuses, anyway, does anyone sell firewood by the pick up load? If you do what do you charge? Go ahead and disclose the size of your pick-up box, how high you stack, etc. and if you can the logic behind the price. Example: my F250 has a 6 1/2' box, I have it framed up so I am close to 4' up front then I taper down to the back. Usually selling oak, it's seasoned and I ask $150 with the idea I am delivering it and stacking it. Right, wrong, indifferent don't matter, just curious.

beenthere

If you are stacking it upon delivery, then you know what the cord measurement is.

What does your pickup load that you deliver for $150 measure in cubic feet? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

missouriboy

in my home town my f250 with 8 foot bed 65 dollars for a pickup load not stack in the bed just thrown in. wood is mostly 18 inches long two loads is just a little shy of a cord.

woodmills1

In my opinion, if you are stacking you can charge what you want.  Stacking is a service and therefore not regulated in the same way as fire wood. That said since you are stacking, write a bill that states the stacked amount and cost and just make the rest of the charge the cost for stacking.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

North River Energy

Sold 1/4 cord 16" seasoned, stacked in the back of a short-bed 1/2 ton.  Tossed off at the point of delivery.
Buyer was happy to pay $100+ delivery.
Not standard practice, (more like an experiment) but I had the quantity available, saw no point in running the big truck for a small delivery, and wanted to ensure the client received the exact volume expected.

Loesshillslogging

Thanks brothers! All great stuff! Have a great winter!

burndry

I have gotten wood from several people over the years. Around here everyone seems to sell it by the pickup load. Just tossed in an 8 ft bed. They have all included stacking (but I always help stack) and charge $80 - $100.

brianJ

Tossed into a 23 year old little Nissan D-21 sometimes referred as to a hardbody.   Heap it uptil it has a decent squat to it.   Thats about 80 to 90% of a face cord.    Selling it for $20 a load delivered but unsplit.   This is a different kind of deal.   The boss pays me hourly to cut back the hedgerows and supplies the consumables and I use his bucket tractor.  In this instance chains are consumables.   I am selling it to the boss' brother in law.    That twenty a load is enough to pay my repairs and buy me a new saw every other year.

Thank You Sponsors!