iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

info about allison in GM 2005 and up

Started by woodmills1, October 01, 2018, 09:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

Learned a new thing.  My Allison duramax combo has been almost bullet proof till a few weeks ago, then trans feels lika hunt and peck and motor black smoke once in a while.  Turns out recommended fluid dexron 3 had suspended titanium particles causing mini shorts inside the electric trans.  My bail out guy got me a low budget tow and only charged 2 hours to take down the pan and take out the valve body, then drive to Allison near Boston and buy the parts and repair.  Truck is back on perfect track but the new dexron 5 is like 11 bucks a quart
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Southside

Go with Transynd - it's not cheap but the stuff is simply amazing.  I have over 400K on my '06 D-max and almost every one of those miles is with her hooked to a goose neck.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SawyerTed

Take care of that transmission!  Don't scrimp on maintenance!  I did and it bit me HARD!

Do you know what those things cost?  I had the transfer case not disengage from 4WD.  It locked up and took out my Allision 6 speed.  It was a very expensive repair!   
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!