iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some Small Tractor Road Work

Started by g_man, October 01, 2016, 06:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g_man

I put in a new tractor road this past summer. I finished it up with a little gravel. Filled a mud hole.

And put in a culvert

I made a removable chute for the tail gate on my one ton. It makes loading the trailer real easy - just dump from the truck into the trailer.

Having fun in the woods during my second childhood  :)

gg

Ed_K

That's a great idea  8) on the chute. I've been thinking of using an old sander body mounted in my forestry trailer to haul a little gravel at times.
Ed K

47sawdust

g man,
What size is the Pronovost trailer?Any trouble dumping the stone?
Thanks,Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

g_man

Quote from: 47sawdust on October 01, 2016, 06:37:26 PM
g man,
What size is the Pronovost trailer?Any trouble dumping the stone?
Thanks,Mick

It is an older 503 Model - rated for 1.5 ton pay load. The box is about 4' W X 6' L X 1' H. So it will hold a yard. I just bought it about a month ago. My tractor is rated for a 3000 lb trailer but it handles this easily even going down fairly steep grades. This load in the picture is well over 3000 lbs. I had 6060 lb (3.03 Ton) of 3 1/2" crushed road base on the truck and emptied it with two trailer loads. The second trailer load was small, below the sides at the high spot. I was a little slow on the truck dump switch on that first load. I brought a shovel just in case but it dumped just like it was empty.

gg

thecfarm

Good idea on the truck dump body. I hunt the stone walls for small rocks. Most times big ones go in first,than the smaller ones.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BurkettvilleBob

You've got a fine public works department there, easy way make a DIY culvert too. I'm amazed that trailer dumped that load. I looked at the same model last year, it was over in the "as is" department at the local tractor dealer. I wasn't sure how useful it would be, and the price was high for the amount of tinkering it needed. I'll definitely consider one more seriously next time.

I also wanted to ask when I should expect to be able to start my "second childhood"?

timberlinetree

Nice job! That trailer looks handy.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!