iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

am i going to be a dad?

Started by bigred1951, February 28, 2017, 10:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigred1951

I've been debating posting this but need advice. My fiance and I have been trying lately after deciding we wanted a little one. She has a daughter who is 4 who is pretty much my daughter. My fiance stopped taking her pill 3 weeks ago today. For fun we have tested a couple times always negative. Well Sunday night around 10pm she took a test and to our big suprise it said pregnant. So I run to walmart to buy more test. I get home she takes another but it says negative. The next morning it says negative and last night this morning both negative. We are so confused and not sure what to do. We read that a false positive is very rare but could be caused by a chemical pregnancy which is pretty much a very early miscarriage. But no bleeding or nothing to speak of. She has been having occasional cramp with back pain. Getting nauseous very easy, head aches, and dizziness. Actually vomited out of no where the other day. So we are lost. We got so excited to see a yes to be let down by several no. We are confused and don't know what to do.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Raider Bill on February 28, 2017, 10:39:04 AM
Practice, practice, practice
:D
My late wife and I went through 5 years of trying but were finally successful.  We had a couple miscarriages along the way.  Her body knew enough to adjust for an error in reproduction.

Now, don't let her take this the wrong way. ;D  Years ago, we were raising quarter horses.  We already had 3 on the ground.  The gestation period is 11 months!  So, we breed our mare.  Vet check says looks good.  The mare is putting on weight.  At about 10 months, she is "bagging up", starting to produce milk - a great sign.  She is looking really big (fat).  Eleven months, get the stall ready and we wait, and wait, and wait.  Her teats "wax up" meaning birth is hours or a few days away at most.  And we wait and wait and wait.

Finally, we call the vet out.  Checks her out - she was never pregnant!  WHAT!  So what I'm saying, I guess, is the mind is a powerful thing and sometimes you can will your body to believe it.

If it is meant to be, it will happen.  Nature has a way of doing the right thing.  Relax and things will go as they should.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

RPowers

I'd say that only 3 weeks post-pill you are getting ahead of yourself worrying about. If she gets pregnant, you'll find out soon enough. As was said before, practice makes perfect, :D
2013 Woodmizer LT28G25 (sold 2016)
2015 Woodmizer LT50HDD47

Logger RK

I will 3x the practice practice practice. First thing I thought of,but Raider Bill beat me to it first ;D

Ed_K

X4 what's been said.Rita says if she's feeling sick have her doctor check her out.
Ed K

Jeff

Pretend you have changed your mind about this, then BINGO! It'll happen.
As said, 3 weeks would be pretty remarkable. Planting a garden this spring can help. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Brucer

Our neighbours tried for years with no luck. They finally adopted, and just like that ...

:D
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Ed_K

Just need to take the mind off of it sometimes.
Ed K

doctorb

Reality check....while some women can get pregnant very soon after discontinuing the pill, it usually takes 2-3 months, or more, to have her natural cycle up and running at optimum speed.  Some take much longer.  Your concern after only 3 weeks is quite misplaced.  Stop testing and go to bed.  Nature takes care of this all by herself.  If you go a year, have her talk to her OB when she has her annual visit.  If failing to get pregnant three weeks after stopping the pill is your biggest problem, then you both have led charmed lives.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

coxy

our first was quick our second well 9 years the funny thing the girls are 9y 2 days apart  :o remember my oldest telling her mother that she was not going to share her birthday hold it or have it before  :D

bigred1951

Thank you all. I know it only been a few weeks and we wwasn't expecting it to happen right away. We had one positive test followed by negatives so we was a little surprised and confused

coxy

you should not be on the FF    you should be practicing  ;) :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!