iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what kit do you take?

Started by Butlerslogs, January 06, 2015, 05:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butlerslogs

When i go out cutting trees i usually have 3 saws in the landrover (1 10inch top handle, 1 stihl 16 inch saw and an 24inch saw) the saws are all in there own bags for each saw i carry 3 sharp chains, two combination cans (as the top handle chainsaw is a mixture of 1/25 the stihls are 1/50) . in a smaller bag goes the sharpening gear files etc and screnchs, then in a duffell bag goes my trousers boots gloves and helmet!

also in the uk to be under insurance to work on someone elses land you have to have proof of a chainsaw competence course!  what about over in the usa is it the same?

CCC4

I am without competence  ;D

However I carry 2 gallons of gas, 1 gallon of bar oil, extra loop, wedges, chainsaw wrench and file...sometimes I even wear a shirt! LMAO! (inside joke)

Southside

Quote from: CCC4 on January 06, 2015, 07:40:40 PM
I am without competence  ;D

However I carry 2 gallons of gas, 1 gallon of bar oil, extra loop, wedges, chainsaw wrench and file...sometimes I even wear a shirt! LMAO! (inside joke)

Clint - you just made me spit milk all over my computer! !  Now my wife is mad and does not understand what is so funny!!! :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thenorthman

So I'm not just a cutter... so the list is longer than most...

But a summary would be at least 1 falling saw 32-42" bar depending on the wood, usually 2 falling saws, the skidder saw 20"

Tin hat, wedge belt, (5 wedges ranging from 8"-15" depending on wood again), saw wrench or 3, extra chains, spark plugs, files, first aid kit, 1-2 gallons of gas, 2 jugs of bar oil ( the combo jugs are a pain), spare pull rope (tying fuel/oil jug together), 1 gal of water or more... Caulk Boots... Axe.

Then in the crummy there is a full complement of tools, metric and inch, breaker bars, some spare parts for crummy and skidder, lots of diesel fuel, extra bits of cable (usually 2 80' lengths) spare chokers both cat eye and bullet ended, hand full of snatch blocks, spring boards, Tarp, lunch, jumper cables, jacks (farm and bottle) sometimes a welder... a few jackets and a couple sets of rain gear... and some tow chains for good luck.

I'm sure I missed something...

Its also rare to see me without a shirt on...  ;)
well that didn't work

treeslayer2003

Quote from: thenorthman on January 06, 2015, 09:40:24 PM
So I'm not just a cutter... so the list is longer than most...

But a summary would be at least 1 falling saw 32-42" bar depending on the wood, usually 2 falling saws, the skidder saw 20"

Tin hat, wedge belt, (5 wedges ranging from 8"-15" depending on wood again), saw wrench or 3, extra chains, spark plugs, files, first aid kit, 1-2 gallons of gas, 2 jugs of bar oil ( the combo jugs are a pain), spare pull rope (tying fuel/oil jug together), 1 gal of water or more... Caulk Boots... Axe.

Then in the crummy there is a full complement of tools, metric and inch, breaker bars, some spare parts for crummy and skidder, lots of diesel fuel, extra bits of cable (usually 2 80' lengths) spare chokers both cat eye and bullet ended, hand full of snatch blocks, spring boards, Tarp, lunch, jumper cables, jacks (farm and bottle) sometimes a welder... a few jackets and a couple sets of rain gear... and some tow chains for good luck.

I'm sure I missed something...

Its also rare to see me without a shirt on...  ;)
ya forgot the air compressor.......fer airin up flat skidder tires n such

Maine logger88

I usually keep 4 saws in my pickup ranging from 60 to 85cc a handful of extra chain loops. A couple extra bars screnches on both skidders and a couple in the pickup. 5 gal of saw gas a few gal of bar oil a 2 gallon jugs on both skidders one for gas one for oil. Files both flat and round 57 gal of diesel in my transfer tank. Tools to work on equipment a few parts. A box of wedges in the pickup. A couple on each skidder as well as an axe. Some motor  oil hyd oil antifreeze a grease gun a couple tubes of grease hand cleaner paper towels. A cable cutter and 2 pound mall spare chokers. With this cold snap my generator and cord for the block heater. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff, just thinking of all this stuff is starting to overwhelm me lol I never really thought of it before
... O and helmet spare helmet till a guy working for me needed one chaps extra clothes A snack a gallon of water first aid kit and the list goes on .... Lol
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Thank You Sponsors!