iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

well what a few days!

Started by Butlerslogs, February 20, 2015, 06:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butlerslogs

So Wednesday i got back from the woods and felt a little sore, nothing out of the ordinary after a long day! Went to bed and woke up at about 2 am with severe pains down my left side chest! At first i thought i had trap wind so did all the stretches to get rid of it, nothing it didn't work so went back too bed. woke up went too work , whilst brushing up a fallen oak i coughed and a load of blood came up! off to the hospital i went! turns out i had a blood clot in my lung which had caused a massive infection! If you feel ill do not ignore it!!! You do not want to be stuck in the woods with chest pain! And always tell someone where your working and carry a mobile!!!

clww

Good idea not not ignore symptoms like that. Chest pains need to be checked out by professional medical personnel pronto.
Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

coxy

hope every things ok    having a mobile phone here is like having a sky hook  ;D  to many mountains

Oliver05262

I hope you have a speedy recovery, and can get back to what you want to do.
  Having had three stents put in almost two years ago, I try to pay a little more attention to what my body is telling me. It really makes me appreciate the loved ones around me.
Get well soon.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Ron Scott

Also, don't always depend on the cell phone. My cell phone froze up last Wednesday while on a job and quit working until i got back to the truck to warm it up.  :(
~Ron

lumberjack48

I worked alone a lot, with my hind site i would not go to the woods alone. A guy can hire a person to keep a fire going on the landing, unhook chokers, run measure stick, gas saws up. Or have the wife come out, a guy should not be alone, i mean, should not be alone, logging.

I'm sure glad your going to be OK, G was watching over you this time.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Butlerslogs

Cheers for the support guys! no doing too bad a few days rest and ill be back!

sandhills

I'm glad you're ok, I have to admit I'm one of those types that says "it's not that bad, I'll just tough it out".  Someday that's going to catch up to me.

Skidder Kev

Glad you are alright too.  That had to be a bit scary when it first happened.   

Ron you are right about phones freezing up,  my bosses phone will freeze up when its about -20C.

Thank You Sponsors!