iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bio-diesel???

Started by oakiemac, July 03, 2005, 12:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakiemac

Reading Buzz's thread on absorbtion cooling got me to thinking about bio-diesel and how to make it. Does anyone on the forum here make bio-diesel?
I did a search and found a lot of info and kits that you can buy to make the stuff. I guess I am interested in knowing if anyone is currently doing this and how it is working out for you.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

TexasTimbers

I bought a book which was a 6 on a 10 scale in my opinion and have done "research" on the internet, and got to the point where I decided to see if I could even get used fryer grease from local fast food types and ran into a wall, so I figured why build a processer if I can't even get free or cheap oil.
I too would like to find a way around lining the governments (TAX!!!) pockets and also contributing to the towelheads who are funding our sworn enemies.
I better not get started smiley_furious3 smiley_furious3 smiley_furious3
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Buzz-sawyer

I make it on a small scale.......BUT I believe Fl. Deadhead is building a commercial processor.......
You Dont need a "KIT" everything used to make it is commonly available, as far as getting old oil.........you aint looking hard enough ;) :D, most everyone PAYS to have it removed to a rendering plant
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

oakiemac

Buzz,

Do you burn it in your truck or tractors? Did you have to modify your engine or notice any different performance?
And how much do you figure it cost per gallon to make?
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Buzz-sawyer

If you buy lye and meth. alchohol from the hardware store about .70 cents a gallon....it burns perfectly the same  as diesel fuel does............in anything that burns diesel.........No modifications and better performance in some instances..........

The only shortcomming is that it will clean out your tank and fuel lines from all the diesel  gunk....bio is a great solvent.......So putting an in line filter in is necissary to catch all the gunk comming loose inside your lines and tank.....till it is cleaned.
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

mometal77

Rudolf Diesel wrote about this kind of things.  There is a guy in colorado that has an international scout and uses just the old cooking oil as fuel.  In the 30s there was a canadian machinist that made a 200mpg carb but it could only run on lead/gas back then.  I am sure we have the technology to get better make tires that never need replacement from wear and oils that never need to be changed.  Imagine only having to fuel up your truck once every six months. 
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Buzz-sawyer

Rudolf Diesel invented the style engine we still use..to run on vegitable oil...........his lifw was cut short when killed by foreign spies during ww1..........(he was developing diesel for subs)
ANY diesel engine with precombustion and a good injector can run on STRAIGHT vegitable oil MANY thousands of people are doing it right now
I agree technology has exceded or ability/desire to implement it.......after all diesels where invented over 100 years ago..........but the 200 mpg deal is urban legend......... ;) :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

mometal77

http://www.phact.org/e/dennis27.htm
I do know that the refineries test motors to see how long a motor will run watered down. Bp and tesoro.  You should see the big natural gas generators at bp amazing machines.  I wish cameras where allowed in the refinery or i would get some pics.   And the best places to get high octane gas is near the border a lot of drag/motorcycle racing up in british columbia.
bob
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

DragonsBane

If your interested in bio-diesel here's a good site to check out. www.biodieselnow.com.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object envinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

De Opresso Liber.

Don_Papenburg

I heard that Mercedes was about to unveil a deisel car that gets 70MPG without the hybred stuff.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!