iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wood shed and generator shed.

Started by haywire woodlot, October 08, 2012, 12:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haywire woodlot

I tuned up my '91 lt40 last week and tore into half a dozen fir logs. I cut a mess of 4x8s, 4x4s, 2x8s, 2x6 and 5/4x10 for the floor in the woodshed. I forgot to take any pictures as I was building, but here is the finished result.

Dave

taylorsmissbeehaven

Nice looking wood and a great shed. Looks like your ready for winter(or at least on your way). Thanks for sharing. Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

haywire woodlot

Yeah, the wood side's not quite full yet. should hold about 4 cord when it's full.
Dave

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Very nice and neat Dave. Everything looks organized now.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Looks great, Dave! 8)
I like the life rings hanging there, too.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

kelLOGg

Nice generator and well taken care of. What do you use it for and where do you tow it?

Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

haywire woodlot

The generator's a 5kw deutz, its a us army surplus unit with 400hrs on it. It's the back up power for the house, to keep the well pump, fridge, freezer, pressure septic field and a couple of lights going when the power goes out around here. I had it towed down here from up island, but I don't plan to tow it any where except maybe around the property.
Dave

hamish

That is much more than a 5kw Deutz generator..............multiply by about 10.
Down east I have darn near already burnt a single cord this season, your shed must hold singles.
Great build.  I love my mill for the little projects.

Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Slabs

Quote from: haywire woodlot on October 08, 2012, 06:56:21 PM
The generator's a 5kw deutz, its a us army surplus unit with 400hrs on it. It's the back up power for the house, to keep the well pump, fridge, freezer, pressure septic field and a couple of lights going when the power goes out around here. I had it towed down here from up island, but I don't plan to tow it any where except maybe around the property.

I didn't see beergerator in the list but i really like the shed
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Woodey

Nice and neat shed. Will last for many years.
WOODMIZER LT40HDD34CAT w/accuset
JLG SKYTRAK 6036 Telescopic Forklift
NYLE L200 KILN
BAKER M412 MOULDER

haywire woodlot

thanks for all the nice words fellas. Believe it or not it is only a 5kw generator, it just has a heck of a sound shield, cooling fans and baffled air intake that makes it such a bulky package.
Dave

hamish

In reality its alot more than a 5kw generator, seeing as its able to put out a contiunous 600 amps, no normal 5kw generator would even come close to 40 amps. 

Need an airforce guy to tell but I think i have seen similar units on the flight line hooked up to alot of aircraft..............I was just a passer by with a rucksack on my back..........
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

redbeard

Cant have enough covered blds! Weird weather lately no rain. Nice job on the bld.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Old Hilly

Nice Genny, really nice shed!
Dennis.

Magicman

A couple of very nice sheds for sure, and just in time for the season.  I noticed that your helper has his ride parked nearby in that first picture.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!