iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

According to my calculations, spring is over!

Started by chain, April 03, 2012, 08:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chain

Through the whole month of March, don't believe we have had one frost nor freeze! I've been tearing out sparrow nest from our bluebird boxes since the 15th, the catalpa and pecan trees [known for late leafing around here] are nearly full-leafed, we're a good four weeks ahead of average. Corn is planted and many fields up to great stands; now, some early birds planting soybeans.

Someone will pay Mother Nature, dearly. :-\

Jeff

The weatherman said last night in our area, the average temperature for March was 14° above normal, but the weird part is, out snow fall was almost 6" above average. Spring came here about the end of the first week in March. Its been glorious, with hast a couple set backs.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Autocar

Sprind is over for sure it's back to winter here in Ohio had snow flurrys today and the leaves are on the trees go figure   :D
Bill

chain

Today, 4-21-12, noticed our potatoes are blooming, and as my spaniel and I made our rounds this a.m. along the shrub rows, we found a few mulberry ripened, very tasty!

Some soybeans are up to a stand, missed a cold rain last night, we have some soybeans trying to come up also.

Mississppi river running low for this time of year, many farmers concerned a drouth is in the making.  :-\

Thank You Sponsors!