iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Full time sawyer

Started by Bruno of NH, June 24, 2018, 02:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

I'm now a full time sawmill operation.
I had to step back from my carpentry contract.
I'm just to busy to do both.
I got 10 more loads of logs and firewood last week with 10 more on the way.
I have a lot of nice pine to much for me to mill.
I don't know what to do with it.
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jim_Rogers

Good luck with the new chapter in your life.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

I wish only the best for you.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

barbender

That's a big step, and one I'd like to take in the future. My wife is going back to school (online) now, once she finishes her degree she can get a job that will pay enough and provide health insurance, which would free me up to pursue milling, firewood, and whatever else I manage to get tangled up in😊 I guess what I'm saying is that I'm jealous, Bruno👍😁
Too many irons in the fire

Bruno of NH

It's tough to work for your self
I haven't had insurance for around 12 years (health).
I'm ready to make this work full time. 
I'm getting a good name and following.

samandothers

Sounds great 👍, best of luck to you!

78NHTFY

Way to go Bruno!  Best of luck with this new chapter in your life.  I  bet Peter D. just down the road is getting nervous :o :o :o!  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

DPatton

Best wishes on your new path Bruno. I too hope to be able to retire from my current construction career and go full time sawing in the future. But for now they are paying me too much to be in a hurry to make that move.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

thecfarm

Well how about that. All that with a manual mill?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Lawg Dawg

I took the plunge over 7 years ago with an LT- 15.  That thing worked me hard, but I finally moved up to a 40 wide this past Christmas!  That manual mill will learn you alot! Best place to start! Good luck! :)
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Peter Drouin

Good luck, With all the wood coming in, your not going through each load to pull the best logs, trim them up and sell them?? $$$$$$$$ 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WV Sawmiller

Good luck Bruno.

Happy birthday Barbender.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

YellowHammer

Good luck and git er done!
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

dgdrls

Very best wishes on a successful venture

D

Bruno of NH

Yes Peter
I'm pulling the best pine logs.
I have some nice ones
I just don't know who to sell them to

gummer23

I wish you all the best Bruno. I love my little Thomas but full time sawing with it would cripple me. The older I get the more I fond I become of hydraulics.

Doug
Thomas 6013, Husky 55 and 550XP, Kubota BX 1800, Terex HR-16 excavator, ATV, Logrite ATV arch, trailers, not enough time

Ed_K

Getting a good name and following is the best 8). Don't know if Irving has a yard up your way, my truck driver said their paying good $$ for clears.
Ed K

Crossroads

That's great Bruno, I wish you all the best and so much business that you have to upgrade to hydraulics 😁
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Bruno of NH

The hydraulics are coming
Maybe not this year
I have my eye on a mill
I want one that you stand in one place to run.
I won't be able to get my knees fixed for 2 or 3 more years. 
I have a budget I need to follow
I have someone stopping to look at the pine today

Jim_Rogers

I know a fellow who has a sawmill like that. But he doesn't stand there. He sits on a bar stool.
Something to think about.

Jim Rogers

DPatton

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on June 25, 2018, 12:28:00 PM
I know a fellow who has a sawmill like that. But he doesn't stand there. He sits on a bar stool.
Something to think about.

Jim Rogers
Jim,
Is his bar stool in the bar, or does he keep one at his control station on his sawmill ;D ;D ;D? Either way it's probably easier on the knees.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Jim_Rogers

He carries it with him to the job sites, as he is over 70 years old and doesn't carry any lumber any more. He makes the customers do it. He just sits and saws.

Jim Rogers

Bruno of NH

I found someone to come in to haul my nice pine to the mill.
And take all the softwood pulp to.
8) I got more nice pine coming in to

PAmizerman

Good luck Bruno. You will love the independence of running you're own business. There's a lot involved that people don't see or understand but I would not have it any other way.
Best of luck
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Thank You Sponsors!