iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber harvest notification law

Started by finding the trail, August 24, 2016, 07:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHP Logging

That's cheap on the stream crossing.  300 bucks here for starters and it might take months for the dnr to show up to approve it.  If there's any water crossing we usually walk or wait till winter.
Buckin in the woods

danbuendgen

Quote from: RHP Logging on August 27, 2016, 02:27:14 PM
That's cheap on the stream crossing.  300 bucks here for starters and it might take months for the dnr to show up to approve it.  If there's any water crossing we usually walk or wait till winter.

Oh, I know $25 for stream crossing is cheap. So is the intent to cut permit. It's just the idea of having it. For us in VT, it's been the wild wild west. Or east rather. But you get the idea. I just don't like the idea of more rules and regulations and paperwork. I DON'T like being told what to do and not to do what and when I can or can't do it. I need to make a living, so these politicians can shove it hard.
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

coxy

I wish they would hurry up and do this in NY before the election so I could vote for the one that will give me the most free thing since ill be out of biz and will need lots of free things

dustintheblood

Quote from: ehp on August 24, 2016, 08:06:11 PM
I have it here in Ontario, every tree has to be released by the bylaw before you can cut anything . Main thing is to stop over cutting the bush

EHP, one quick correction.  Tree cutting bylaws are only in some counties (and their townships).  We don't have one here in our county.

The federal and provincial lands (aka "Crown Land") are subject to a complex and regulated regime that is based on open market mechanisms.  Forest management certifications are required that span the range from ISO to FSC and SFI.

Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

danbuendgen

Quote from: coxy on August 27, 2016, 03:02:09 PM
I wish they would hurry up and do this in NY before the election so I could vote for the one that will give me the most free thing since ill be out of biz and will need lots of free things

And which evil candidate will give away more free stuff??
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

ehp

Bylaws are becoming more and more everyday here, in some places they raised the basal so high its very hard to cut anything . As of now it cost us nothing to put in a permit to ask to cut a bush but I can see that changing here soon, the gov't is looking at how much more money they can get from us loggers and land owners

Woodhauler

In maine its to tell where you are cutting so forestry service can inforce the laws! Biggest law that the mills enforce is jumping zones! As in selling your wood from a zone father from the mill and lying on town to get more money!! Glad they are kinda inforcing this law up here! Its not a bad thing! When I worked in WV years ago, the forest bureau gave you a book of tags for the lot you was on. One tag stayed on woodyard in coffee can, matching numbered half was stapled to load of wood to be seen from back of load. If forestry cop came up behind truck and took number and got location of lot and went back and found no matching ticket you went to jail!!!  Good law I thought!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

RHP Logging

Quote from: danbuendgen on August 27, 2016, 07:40:06 AM
Quote from: AlexHart on August 26, 2016, 08:29:17 PM
Not to optimistic about what kids being born today face for a future.   Its obviously not likely to include traditional American dream and personal freedom.   

That's right. We are losing personal freedom a little bit at a time. Just wait for Hillary to get in there. Good bye freedom, Hello controlled society. Just like a frog in hot water. Turn it up slow, and the frog wont tell. Drop the frog in boiling water, and it wont like that one bit. We are the frog, the water was cold, and it gets warmer everyday.

We have more and more police that are getting more and more militarized, video cameras everywhere you go, it's obvious they want to take away our guns, our kids are on drugs from a early age, we are fed a ton of unhealthy junk food, they keep making it harder and harder to run a small business, there are endless amounts of subliminal messages on the TV, computer, billboards ect. Ever look up at the sky and see all those chem trails and wonder what they are? Trust me, your smart phone is the stepping stone to the RFID implant chip. Cashless society is around the corner. We will be paying taxes on every penny we earn. All money exchange will be done through the implant. They will know where we are at all times.

Don't believe me? Just do a quick Google or Youtube search. Does any of this sound familiar? Anyone ever read 1984 or Brave New World?   It's coming. No no no, wait, it's here.....

Somehow I didn't see this post the first time.  I own brave new world, 1984, Fahrenheit 451 among other books on the subject.  At this point we still have a choice and need to teach our children to see through the crap.  Don't believe the media for one.  It's just a show.  Challenge authority when you know they have over stepped their bounds or are bending laws.  It's really about being smart enough and cynical enough to know when there's a problem. Too many people follow the herd because it's easy.  As long as there are people who can think independently and will act we are ok.  Teach the youth how to work and think and we should be fine. When Hillary gets elected (and believe me she will because we've had our first leader of non European decent now we need our first female and I don't care who leads the country as long as they are elected for competentance and not popularity) not much will really change. Politicians are too wrapped up in their personal agendas to really accomplish anything.  Plan on more taxes and fees but as time goes on that goes without saying.  More government regs too. That's just the way of it unfortunately.  We as in America are  similar to the Roman empire.  We are riding the crest of the wave right now and maybe even on the way down but we won't know until it's all over. We as in us living today will all be dead by then.  History boys. It repeats itself no matter how hard we try.  Human nature.
Buckin in the woods

Thank You Sponsors!