iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

American Community Survey

Started by Magicman, November 06, 2018, 09:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

From the United States Census Bureau.  I wanted to answer "none of your business" on a couple of questions but it said that my response is required by law.  That plus I could not click "Next" until the previous/current question was satisfied.  Anyway it's done.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

About every 6 months the USDA sends me a "mandatory survey" that is "required by law" to be completed, they go so far as to claim if I don't fill it out someone will call and then visit me.  We don't take any FSA money for the farm side of things, and I intentionally never signed up with them, so I feel sorry for the poor sap they send out here one day looking for answers to all of those surveys. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

POSTON WIDEHEAD

They should put a "none of your business" answer on those.

By the way, who did you vote for?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I refused to complete the one they sent to the Cabin which included my property/farm.  They finally sent a "representative" out to meet with me personally. I told her that she would need to bring the Sheriff or FBI or somebody because I was not filling it out....and I didn't.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Southside

At our old place we had a gate at the end of the driveway to keep near do wells out and one last stand in the event a cow decided to go for a walk about.  Well one day the tax assessor called me, admittedly his timing could have been better for reasons I don't recall - that was his first mistake.  His second one was when he told me he "HAD" to get past my gate to value my property for taxes.  I asked him if he had a search warrant and he said no - so I corrected him and told him he "WANTED" to get past my gate - which I denied.  Figured it was good enough for Bill Gates, it was good enough for me.  He stammered for a minute on the phone but nothing more came of it.  Some of these folks assume authority and have no response to when it is challenged or requested to be verified. Things to think about on an election day.  
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Southside

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on November 06, 2018, 10:15:58 PM
They should put a "none of your business" answer on those.

By the way, who did you vote for?
I voted write in "The Goat".... :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

sawguy21

I wonder if you can legally refuse the assessor entrance and if so, would he pad an estimate to get your attention?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Southside

Bill Gates did it, and this was a number of years ago for me. Here in the States the area known as the "curtiliage" gives a property owner a lot of privacy, so it depends on where that magic line lays. For me it began at that gate as "common access" IE UPS, Post Office, was denied beyond that point so I had a greater reasonable expectation of privacy as a result of the gate. 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

JohnW

The US Constitution (Article 1, Section 2) says that we will have a census every 10 years for the purpose of determining how many members each state will have in the House of Representatives.  That doesn't mean they have to ask you how many dogs and cats you have in your house.

LeeB

The Dems want to register them to vote. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Ron Wenrich

They reassessed our county a few years ago.  It was the first time since 1968.  I wasn't home when the assessor came around, so they a questionnaire on the door knob.  It was an inquiry about how many bedrooms, etc.  I didn't think it was any of their business and tossed it in the trash.  Never heard anymore about it.  My taxes tripled, so I put my property under Clean and Green.  Those taxes went down 60%, so I had a small increase overall.  

I've never heard of an American Community Survey.  Looking it up, I see that there is the threat of prosecution for not answering.  But, there has never been any prosecutions.  I often wonder how accurate the responses are on those long surveys.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

florida

No matter what they threaten the ACS is not the census but an economic survey. I've never filled one out and the only information I put on the census is our names and how many people live in our house. That's what the constitution requires and all it requires.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

RAYGYVER

Glad everyone got out to vote.

Blues took House...
Reds took Senate...

Not sure exactly at this point how that will help/hurt Trump. I know my pocket book under the previous blue president struggled, and its been nothing but good under Trump. But, I'll stop there for the sake of keeping it cool.

edit: thats weird, I could have sworn I posted this in the GO VOTE thread.... ::)
I fear not death, I fear not to live.
Ray Cecil | GrabCAD
www.linkedin.com/in/ray-cecil-b862805b

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

RAYGYVER

Russian Bots must have hacked me or something. bwahaha
I fear not death, I fear not to live.
Ray Cecil | GrabCAD
www.linkedin.com/in/ray-cecil-b862805b

Thank You Sponsors!