iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is This Possible To Do?

Started by Glenn1, September 09, 2014, 08:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn1

I am getting ready to order a Nyle L200 Kiln.  I would like to have in stock about 750 – 1000 bf of dried  walnut, cherry, and hard maple to sell .   My idea is to make contact with a couple of loggers who have access to grade 1 logs.  I have worked with a local sawyer and he has a very reasonable per bf prices.  Is it feasible to  purchase logs directly from the logger? 
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

treeslayer2003

yes, but more so if you can go to the job and get it. also pay in cash.........you asked, im just being honest.
i have a guy that comes out and gets logs, we became great friends.

Glenn1

Quote from: treeslayer2003 on September 09, 2014, 08:08:18 PM
yes, but more so if you can go to the job and get it. also pay in cash.........you asked, im just being honest.
i have a guy that comes out and gets logs, we became great friends.

I think that cash and picking up the logs is something that I can do.  I live in North Carolina and am wondering how I can find the loggers.  Does this website offer a list of loggers who particate here?
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

Tom the Sawyer

Glenn1,

For those quantities of lumber you might want to consider Nyle's L53 kiln.  The L200 is rated up to 4000 bf at a time and I was cautioned that the L200 might not be the best choice for loads less than 1000 bf.  The L53 is rated for 300-1000 bf.  I went with the L200 but had to increase the size of the chamber considerably.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

treeslayer2003

dunno bout that Glenn......google? contact your county forester, he should know the guys that may work with you.

Thank You Sponsors!