iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Search on username?

Started by grweldon, October 22, 2012, 02:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grweldon

I haven't been able to find a way to search on posts by specific users... ME for example!

The search engine forces you to put two characters in for a search string... I want to see all results narrowing the search by date and forum catagory.  How do I do this?
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

beenthere

Put a subject to search for  and then the user name in that next box.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

grweldon

Won't adding a subject limit the results to only postings that only contained whatever you enter in them?  That's how most search engines work...
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Jeff

The easiest way to find posts made by yourself is to go into your profile and select show posts. There is also a filter there to select from a given board.  You can do the same with other member profiles.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

grweldon

Thanks Jeff... Exactly what I was looking for...

Cypressstump

what wuz that old saying about,, old dogs and an' new tricks...??? ;)
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..