iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Catfish, Flounder, & Froglegs

Started by Magicman, August 23, 2013, 09:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Cajun folks know how to put on a feed.  My customer is providing meals and lodging on my present  sawing job.  Last night was wonderful, but tonight was belly popping.

The serving line which included Fresh Catfish filets, Flounder, and Froglegs.

The bestest part was that I could go back for more.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

giant splinter

WOW .... That is a very nice spread of food, I need to go south and mow some of that great chow down there, especially the seafood and gator.
roll with it

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

This food topic is a love hate relationship for me,  I always get hungry when I see all the good looking spreads, and that there looks pretty good!  david

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

And then today I was "forced" to eat a fresh caught fried catfish "Po-boy" sandwich for lunch.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Okay Magic, I know hard you work for your living but I think you may be getting a little spoiled on this job  ;).  Man that food looks good!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on August 24, 2013, 07:40:32 AM
Eye popping too. That looks good.

Y'alls don't eat Frogs up North do you? Y'alls eat Penguins.......right? ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Yea we have to go with the penguins when the ponds gets frozed over. Too hard to cut out the ice than dig in the mud for the frogs.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

thecfarm

I'alls have no idea. Not a soup with something green in it???

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on August 25, 2013, 09:27:01 PM
I'alls have no idea. Not a soup with something green in it???

:D Good guess. Down south we wear KHAKI PANTS.....

KHAKIS up North is what y'alls start your car with.....KHA KIS.

thecfarm

I don't know why I bother at times.  ::)  ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on August 25, 2013, 09:37:27 PM
I don't know why I bother at times.  ::)  ;D

That was corny.  :D
Sometimes I cant help it.  ;D

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

tractormanNwv

WOW Magic........that sure looks good, wish I would have known you were having froglegs, maybe you could have E-mailed me some  ;D. I spent a number of years working the Gulf coast from Milton, FL  over to New Orleans, lot of good eating down there, now I'm in Philadelphia, Pa and Hopewell, Va, it just ain't the same, but at least in Va you can get country style cooking, in Philly down by the airport it is just simply hard to find anything a redneck or a hillbilly likes to eat.

Jim

5quarter

As a kid in WNY, we ate fried froglegs a lot in the summer. Add to that as many boiled crawdads (crayfish) as we could catch. BTW...froglegs don't taste like chicken... ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

pappy19

The very best way to catch frogs is to use a fly rod with a big fly on the end but make sure you pinch the barb down. You can actually clean out a pond if you don't watch it. Day or night you flick that fly even close to that frog and he is on your line. It's a whole lot easier than trying to gig them at night. I've had 10-15 frogs trying to catch that fly at one time. I use 20# line.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Chuck White

Some may not believe it, but here in NY, there is a season on frogs, just like there is on fishing & hunting!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

pappy19

That's because in NY the poor frogs only have about 3 weeks of summer to grow, mate, lay eggs and move from being a tadpole to an adult.  In the south, it's just the opposite, they have 3 weeks of rest around Christmas, otherwise, they just keep on growing and laying eggs. You probably have a crawfish season and a limit as well!!

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Chuck White

Nope, no season on crawfish here.

But then I've not heard of anyone around here eating them!

Probably as soon as someone tries them and likes them, they'll most likely start a season!  :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

DoubleD

Oh boy i have not had froglegs like in forever :-\ all that food looks delicious  8)
Wannabe a sawmiller

Thank You Sponsors!