iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

info about a former Lumber Mill in Ontario

Started by pmurphy1975, December 26, 2014, 10:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmurphy1975

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone out there can help me dig up some info about my late Grandfather.  His name was Cecil Gibson and he owned and operated Gibson & Sons Lumber Mill just outside North Bay, Ontario from the 1960's - until about 1990.  I was wondering if anyone out there remembers him, his mill, maybe delivered for/to him - ANYTHING!  I was only 14 when he passed (around 1991) and I'm looking for any info about the man.

Autocar

You may try contacting the chamber of confrence in near by community's they may be able to help you . It surprized me not to see any answers on your post, good luck in your hunt don't give up there is some body here or out there that may beable to help you.
Bill

DaleK

Try www.heritagenorthbay.com and contact somebody at the museum, or the Callander museum link at mycallander.ca. There are also some North Bay groups on Facebook. If my FIL was still alive, he'd probably know, he was a grader at different mills back then.
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

thecfarm

pmurphy1975,welcome to the forum. 1990 was not that long ago. Should be something about him out there. My Grandfather passed away when I was about 3. Was not well known as yours was,but many knew him in the neighboring towns. When people realize who I am there is always a story about Roscoe.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pmurphy1975

Thanks everyone for the advice - I'm heading up to the area in March and will hopefully get some more info!

Thank You Sponsors!