iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gift From Mysterious Unidentified Forum Member

Started by WDH, December 27, 2014, 07:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

I received an autographed copy of Sawing, Edging, and Trimming Hardwood Lumber, Putting Theory into Practice by Joe Denig and Gene Wengert.  There was a message to me on the first page, and it was signed by Dr. Wengert.  I assumed that he sent it, but that is not the case. 

I strongly suspect who the mysterious gift giver is.  In any case, it really made my day!

Thank you mysterious unidentified gift giver  ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D :D :D :D :D :D Somebody got your Goat!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nanny, Nanny, Boo, Boo.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

You must've made Mr. C's 'nice list'.   :christmas:
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

WDH

OK, William Frtiz.  You are my #1 suspect  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fat olde elf

Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

DR_Buck

Throw it away !!!    Its a ploy to trick you into staying in the house and reading and get you out of the shop.     :D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WDH

WmFritz

Keep digging Danny.  I'm digging a hole

You may need Matlock to solve this mystery.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

Magicman

Some were beginning to wonder when the delivery would be made.  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Don't bend Bill. He can put you under bright lights, stick wooden matches under your finger nails and light them, water board you, tie you up and let a herd of Goats run over you.....but don't give in!
Be strong my friend.......cause you're on your own.  :D

WmFritz

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 28, 2014, 09:43:49 PM
Don't bend Bill. He can put you under bright lights, stick wooden matches under your finger nails and light them, water board you, tie you up and let a herd of Goats run over you.....but don't give in!
Be strong my friend.......cause you're on your own.  :D

He can tie me to a wild goat, let him drag me through a cactus patch and I won't bend.

Of course I'm not above being bribed. A Curly Cherry  Desk may loosen my lips to the REAL perp.   :-X
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

sandhills

WDH

If I remember, the envelope came from a Michigan address  :)

Gary_C

Quote from: WDH on December 29, 2014, 07:57:46 AM
If I remember, the envelope came from a Michigan address  :).

The memory does sometimes fade as you have more of those birthdays. But have a happy one anyway.  ;D

Gary
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Gary_C on December 29, 2014, 10:23:04 AM
Quote from: WDH on December 29, 2014, 07:57:46 AM
If I remember, the envelope came from a Michigan address  :).

The memory does sometimes fade as you have more of those birthdays. But have a happy one anyway.  ;D

Gary

Play along with him Gary....he don't know what he's saying.  :D

Texas Ranger

That comes from breathing all those noxious fumes in the forest.  All foresters suffer from it, no,,, wait, that's diesel, never mind.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

WmFritz

I counted over 150 members from Michigan on the Members Map.
Do I have a guilty looking face?   ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WmFritz

Jeff, that one hurt my belly.  ;D
My name is Fritz not Schultz!
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

beenthere

Interesting life that "Schultz" had becoming an actor in Austria before WWII, fleeing to the US to escape Nazi takeover as he was Jewish, then playing German acting roles in movies over the years, even in Hogans Heros. Sad that he lost his whole family in the concentration camps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Banner

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Looks like that I will have to engage the Gestapo to solve this mystery. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on December 29, 2014, 08:52:35 PM
Looks like that I will have to engage the Gestapo to solve this mystery.

Would someone 61 remember Perry Mason?  ;D

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Texas Ranger on December 29, 2014, 09:30:55 PM
With age comes wisdom, he is getting there.

If he'll read the book.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mooseherder

I wish to know who done it because Santa is off the rest of the year. :laugh: :D

WmFritz

At the risk of Gestapo kicking in my door in the middle of the night, I'll come clean. Let me say, I did not act alone. This was a conspiracy.

Soon after the bidding began on the book that Dr. Gene Wengert donated, I noticed WDH bidding. Knowing that all the books I buy get read once and then spend the rest of their life sitting on my bookshelves, I made up my mind that I would win the book, read it, take some key notes and then send it to WDH. After I won, Jeff asked me if I wanted an inscription. I said I'd like Gene to autograph it to Danny if he would.

A few days later my package arrived. I ripped it open and was thrilled to see the book signed as asked. I quickly thumbed through it, then set it aside for later reading. When I went to toss the envelope that it arrived in, I realized something was still inside. When I shook out the contents, a second manual dropped out. I about fell over! Opening the second book, I found an inscription to me. This came totally unexpected.

When I contacted Jeff to find out what gives? He said it was all the Doctor's idea. I strongly suspect Jeff played a part too. Regardless, it was a very generous gift and I appreciate it greatly.

My only regret was the lady at the UPS store required my return address when I mailed it to Georgia. I would've preferred to keep Danny in the dark.

Happy Birthday WDH

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

POSTON WIDEHEAD

samandothers

fat olde elf

Happy Birthday !!! You are now 10 years and 2 days older than my son Patrick. I always have great empathy for people whose birthday is in close proximity to Christmas.

Danny I have never lied to you in the 10 plus years of our friendship. Came close in the last few days.....Thank God that Fritz came clean....Still the legend continues......
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

sandhills

WDH

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 29, 2014, 11:00:35 PM
Quote from: WmFritz on December 29, 2014, 10:47:04 PM
I would've preferred to keep Danny in the dark.

61 has got that covered,  :D

:D :D  So true. 

Retaliation can be a good thing. 

Thank You Sponsors!