iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Its Sunday AND My Wife has a BIG Hammer.

Started by Jeff, March 09, 2003, 07:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Tammy is probably ready for me to go to work. I get to many wild ideas while sitting around and since she has two good hands and is always game, we are builing a closet and file storage area in our house. She is the hammer guy cause I don't dare pound with this hand.  Is she up to it?

Yesterday we went to a home builders show. They were having a nail pounding contest. Timed event with women men and kids class. You had to pound 3 16Ds into a 4 by 6 cant Time started when you lifted the hammer face from the wood.

Tammy walked up, signed up, got her chance. She picked up the biggest hammer there and drove home 3 spikes with one blow a piece. Total time: 2.8 seconds!  When we left her nearest competition was around 4.8 seconds or so I was told.  They are running the event today yet but I think she has a pretty good shot. ;D

First prize is a 23 foot flag pole kit and a 3 by 5 American Flag.

Here is a pic of the beginning of our closet project. Tammy IS THE HAMMER GUY! :D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Frank_Pender

Sn early congrats, Tammy.  You can really keep Jeff in line with the hammer award.  All you have to do is set the prize right out front of the house and he can see it each day he leaves and returns. :D  If he does not behave you could always place a seat in the closet for him as a time out place. ::)
Frank Pender

Jeff

I got an idea the seat would be about 23 feet :D higher, right on top a that pole.

Mark M

Wow! that pretty good pounding.  8)

My dad's uncle was a contractor and when he would hire fellas he had them drive nails, 20D I think. I can't remember but it was so many whack's and you got the job.

My wife is really handy too, when ever I'm going to take something apart I have her look at it so someone will know how it goes back together. :)

Frank_Pender

Mark, Mine was like that too, when she use to set my chokers.  She said she quit because the fringe benefits began to wane. ;D
Frank Pender

beenthere

DanG - mine is still settin' the 'chokers'  ;D :D :D  She sets 'em harder when the 'fringe' benefits begin to wane, I believe. Mind you tho, not complainin' ;D

JeffB  How is the hand coming along?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

RavioliKid

Way to go, Tammy!

Hammer those nails, girl!

RavioliKid

Jeff

redpowerd

is that a border collie? get some pictures of her swingin the hammer :D :D :D. how long you two been together?
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Jeff

Sydney is an Australian Shepherd, Sydney's a he and don't swing Hammers  ;D  We have had Syd since I was a young man. A was only 28 when we got Sydney. He is 14 now.

He was just walking through, stopped and posed, the flash went off, and he went along his merrily way.

Bro. Noble

Well Jeff,

That's pretty impressive what Tammy can do with a hammer.  I hate to tell you this, but my wife can outdo her.  She only has to pick up the hammer and I behave :D

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Norm

Nice job on the framing Tammy, I'll bet it wasn't easy with Jeff standing there giving ya advice. Did you finally make him go in the other room till you were finished.  ;D

D._Frederick

Jeff,
We to have an Ausy, this is are second one. Are first one made it to about 14, she was deaf and the eyes were going when she got hit and killed.
How is the hand doing, is it still num?

Jeff

Yep, hand is still numb, but the wounds seem to have healed. Doc wants me in a splint another week. I decided to got to work tommorrow anyways. If I can't saw I'll stack one handed.

Sydney does pretty well for 14 years old. He had some trouble this morning though. He went out and it was 8 below zero. He froze his feet before he could go to the bathroom and get back in. He was stumbling and falling getting to the door. He was only out 3 or 4 minutes.

redpowerd

just wonderin. i have a few border collies, Zelda, Rudy, an Chainsaw. really smart and athletic, allthough you wouldnt know it after they killed that porcupine, wish i got some pics!!
they are excellent cow and sheepdogs, and they didnt need much training before they were obeying, most of the time!

im puttin a closet together, too. itll be the first enclosed room in the house, besides the head, of course :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Jeff

If I ever could or would clone an animal it would be Sydney. He has been with us for over have our married live. He has herded and protected my kids since they were 3 and 6 years old. He is simply the most loyal friend I will ever have. He has been a very intelligent dog but I am afraid senility has set in. Either that or more wisdom. Smart enough now to know when to act dumb :)

D._Frederick

Jeff,
Go slow with the hand, it takes time for everything to mend itself even if  the out side appears healed.
Who did Sydney pick out to be his master? Are first Ausy picked my wife and the second thought that I made a better master. Of the dog breeds, I don't think you could find any smarter. The first one could understand most of what you asked her to do. If she had a bad day she would come and tell you all about it,she had a remarkable voice. If I live longer than the Ausy we now have, the next one will be a blue merle.Dogs don't come better than theses!

Jeff

SHE WON!!  just got a phone call. She blew everybody else out of the water!   8) 8) Got to go to Blanchard and pick up da flag!

Norm, Sydney picked the family. He sleeps next to our bed on Tammy's side would be the only real tell-tail sign. He comes to me first if he needs something. Ne is of the blue variety with one blue eye and one brown eye. The blue eye has a little cutout filled with brown and the brown eye has an identical patch filled with blue.

He used to go to the mill when he was younger if I had to go pull maintenance or something on Saturdays before we got a mechanic.  Our favorite game was when a load of logs would come in while we were there. I would always give syd a chance to show off. once the logger was really impressed with Sydney, I would tell him to go to the truck. He would just sit there. I would say, Hey! I said go to the truck. He would just sit there.  I would then say O.K., alright, and then dig in my pocket and get my car keys. He would instantly take them  in his mouth and then go jump in the truck window. :)

ADfields

Jeff, I bet she just got off the bus befor she did that winning nail pounding job. ;D   Some days when Dana gets home I take one look at her and know it's time for me to go out in my shop and work on some thing. :o

A male dog will not single out just one master most of the time and a female will, kinda like people as men want to keep all the options open and women want to get hitched and stay with just one. ;)   All the stock herding breeds of dog are very smart and I think the Ausy's, Border Collie's and Catahoulas that I breed are in a dead heat for the top rung of that race.
Andy

ElectricAl

Jeff,

There is something special about a Woman that will jump right in and take care of business.

Here is Linda framing her new Wood shop and garage.

We are slowly doing the wiring now, too many logs to saw.

ElectricAl
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Linda

Jeff,

Notice who is operating the framing hammer  ;D
and who is practicing his digital camera skills.  :(

What a slacker!

2.8 seconds for Tammy..........WOW :o

I'll have to practice to come close to that!

Way to go Tammy!

Linda
Wood-Mizer 2012 LT50HDE25

Bibbyman

Linda,  Is that a "store bought" building you are putting up?

We need a new, bigger building bad but feel we should saw it out of our own logs.  But the price of a building kit or having a company come in and do it is too attractive.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

RavioliKid

I want to put up a second garage this summer, but I am going to hire someone to do it.  :-[

I am quite sure that I couldn't handle that big of a project myself, although I could work on the crew!

RavioliKid

Frank_Pender

Well done Linda.  8) 8) 8) 8) Let us have a picture of the pole and Jeff's chair when all is lifted into place. ;D
Frank Pender

Linda

Bibbyman,
As a sawmill owner, I'm embarrassed to say that our building is indeed "store boughten."  After careful consideration, we opted for the kit.  Not only did it have a much better price, but we didn't have to wait to get the logs and process the lumber.  I suppose we'd just be starting our project, instead of being almost finished.  

Ravioli kid,
It has been a challenge, but very rewarding.  Al and I both work on it every chance we get.  It has taken us quite a while, especially trying to juggle it with all of the other jobs that come with being self employed.

Frank,
I really hope Tammy doesn't put Jeff up on that pole!  We'd be lost here on the FF without him!

Stay out of trouble, Jeff!  ;) :)

Linda
Wood-Mizer 2012 LT50HDE25

Thank You Sponsors!