SCSawyer

Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

SCSawyer

SCSawyer

Everything is just temporary until I get a shed sawn out,

fishfighter

Would love to see a video of you operating it. What size is that blade? How big of a log you can saw?

Joe Hillmann

I'd like to see more photos of your sawdust elevator.

SCSawyer

56" saw, I'll try and do a video if I can figure out how

SCSawyer

I'll take some and get them up, I like the elevator style better , that way I can back a truck or trailer under it, I have a grain auger I was going to rig up but this mill came set up with chain so I just used it.

Chuck White

Nice lookin' mill!    smiley_thumbsup_grin     8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Czech_Made

Quite the setup, thanks for sharing.

What is the axle from?

SCSawyer

SCSawyer

SCSawyer

bkaimwood

Sweet setup...love to see it in person... there's some hard work paying off there...
bk

SCSawyer

Now that I figured out how to do videos , I'll post one sawing asap

OffGrid973

Love the setup, great job
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

SCSawyer

SCSawyer

SCSawyer

Sorry the videos are sort and shoddy, hard to do working alone

Gearbox

Nice is that 4 head blocks . I could see no chatter at the end of the cut . looking good . Take a refrigerator grate, shelf and put up with your screen to stop a chunk big enough to hurt you . I got hit with a pine knot gave me a black and blue arm and shoulder and lucky that was all . Stay safe .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

SCSawyer

When I get the shed up I plan on a better screen , just doing enough to get by right now until I can saw the shed out, I try to be as safe as possible, I have had close calls in the past and been very blessed not to have been hurt when a can't got slid over after it had passed the saw and when I was running the carriage back at full speed it shoved the board splitter into the saw and jerked out Evey single ring and bit in the saw, all I got was a few little shrapnel scratches on my arm, , was soooo lucky, it slowed me down a lot.

SCSawyer

Yes 4 head block , but I hate the way there set up 4 blocks on a less than 12ft carriage is crazy, I need to rebuild it and spread them out on a 16ft ccarriage.

tnaz

Yea, be safe and thanks for sharing.  I like watching but I could never own one, to scared. :D I'll keep looking for a band mill with training wheels.

Terry

SCSawyer

I may get killed tomorrow but I hope not, I grew up with circle mills, you just have to really watch every move, " says the guy that ran his foot over with the carriage a few days ago" ......you should have heard the words I called myself !!!!! It would have made the devil blush, I was so ashamed that I knew better but was thinking to much to watch where I was putting my foot lol , I got a good bruise to remind me not to do it again.

Gearbox

I keep telling myself when I do things like that Even my dad couldn't fix stupid .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Czech_Made

Nice videos, thank you.

Thank You Sponsors!