iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need diesel info and looking for 10X10" flat belt pulley or 16-30" v belt pulley

Started by Trapper John, July 07, 2016, 07:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapper John

Well, guess I am making progress as I have abandoned the car engine idea for my Belsaw and bought a 6 cyl watercooled Duetz diesel.  Now to hook it up.  First I need to know where diesels like to run, I have been getting two figures 1800 rpm and 2100-2300rpm.  Any advice on this?  My easiest hook up right now is finding a 10x 10 flat belt pulley (2.5" bore) or something close to it for the engine and building a 30" arbor pulley with light truck tire.  Anybody got a flat belt pulley around that size?  Second option is to use a jackshaft and use v belts which would require mounting a jackshaft and finding a large v pulley for the arbor.  The arbor is 1.75".  Final plan will depend on what kind and size of pulleys I can find. 

I realize I will only be able to transmit around 100 hp with flat belt but it is probably good enough. 

Gearbox

answer for your diesel try to run it close to its max torque . It may be around 15 or1600 .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

SCSawyer

I have seen a rig that uses a PTO shaft from engine to tire with u joints and the tire was pulled to the pulley by an ax handle worked like a clutch, just pulled it slow with engine in idle until saw caught up to speed then locked into place like an old 2 horse wagon brake handled, then turned engine up to speed, worked real well.
Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

Thank You Sponsors!