iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jd 350c

Started by coxy, November 15, 2017, 07:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

I keep getting water in the final drives and tranny and cant figure out where its coming from there is no oil leaking out of any gaskets or where any thing is bolted up  the dozer has been sitting for a month there was a little cloudiness in the oil before that could have been what was left from the last oil change but not bad  then the monsoon came a couple weeks ago and it filled the tranny so full that when I pulled the dip stick out oil/water came out of the dip stick hole  :o  the only place I could think of its running down the shift lever but that's seems like a lot of water that would fallow that down that crooked shifter  I thought it was going down the bung holes that you adjust the brake band in but I silly puttied  them   I'm at a loss 

Riwaka

Plenty of rain and water from other sources can go down levers into transmission housings.
I have used a few cv boots on round levers (use a piece of rubber tube as an insert if the cv boot  narrow end is too large then use a hose clamp & sealant)
http://www.dupont.com/products-and-services/plastics-polymers-resins/articles/automotive-molded-boots.html

Rectangular levers- maybe mill  out some round bar to clamp a cv boot to.

mike_belben

Ill hafta keep that trick in mind.  Good idea
Praise The Lord

coxy

was hoping snowstorm had a trick  ;D

snowstorm

any of the covers? i saw one once that the fuel tank leaked and went in through one of the covers

coxy

snowstorm whats your take on 12in track pads over 14in pads I only use it in the woods I don't push dirt except to make roads and a landing   most of my work is steep and rocky 

snowstorm

the less width of the shoes the easier it is on the track chain in ruff ground

Thank You Sponsors!