iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TK 2000 power head return speed diminishing

Started by AshArb, July 24, 2016, 09:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AshArb

Hey!

Just noticed that my power head return speed is really slowing me down. When I hold down the lever that depresses the log dog, the return speed is much greater. That seems to be the only thing that increases the return speed.

I have looked for loose fitting on the control platform, no visible fluid leaks or loose fittings on the log dog either.

Any ideas?

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

DDW_OR

Quote from: Kbeitz on July 24, 2016, 09:38:50 AM
Battery voltage ?

TimberKing uses direct Hydraulics.
the only electric on the mill is; starter, Throttle control, blade clutch, blade guide, setworks.

Quote from: AshArb on July 24, 2016, 09:33:17 AM
Hey!

Just noticed that my power head return speed is really slowing me down. When I hold down the lever that depresses the log dog, the return speed is much greater. That seems to be the only thing that increases the return speed.

I have looked for loose fitting on the control platform, no visible fluid leaks or loose fittings on the log dog either.

Any ideas?

How is the Hydraulic Fluid level?
call TimberKing on Monday
"let the machines do the work"

ladylake

Could be when holding the log dog down the bypass fluid is feeding into head drive or maybe some hoses got switched.  Time how long it takes the head to come back from the front at cutting rpm, one of the other 2000 owners  could do the same to see if yours is normal or slow.  My brothers TK2000 head return is quite a bit slower than my B20 and if I was using it all the time I'd gear the drive motor up 2 or 3 cogs.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

DDW_OR

"let the machines do the work"

AshArb

Not fixed yet. Got a big day of service planned for tomorrow.

Talked to Mike at TK and he reccomendations that I inspect the valves or modules that are under the carriage speed dial. He seemed to think that it was a strange issue and thought that there might be crud in one of the three "modules"- can't remember the exact word.

Also planning on re-aligning the adj. guide roller arm and easy their removing the yellow blade tray or putting some ports in it to allow water and wet saw dust to drain easily. Also, gonna check for square in the log stops and hopefully address some rust.
Thanks for checking in.

AshArb

The saga continues... Talked with Mike from TK and troubleshot the carriage return issue. He's gonna send me a speed control box to replace the Pistons in mine until I'm back up and returning at full speed.

Log stops were almost all square. Not really sure how to adjust them to toe in more while loaded.

Looking forward to dealing with some rust and further maintenance.
I bought a small 12gal. Air compressor to take on portable jobs. Got a good deal on it too. Thankful for today's trials and tribulations.

Thank You Sponsors!