iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Login difficulties

Started by warren46, February 05, 2018, 06:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurk

Thanks, yes I see your banner adds at the top must be running independently to the portal, that's what's throwing the theme out when I zoom in. They don't resize to given space.  Are you running them in some kind of random images script?

Video's, I think, Ohara YouTube Embed is the one I use, it's responsive providing you're using a responsive theme. 
My FF Gallery
TGMForum The Garden Machinery Forum

Jeff

Yes, some of them are running random image scripts.  Send me a PM about your portal. I've never used it and really never knew about it.  I'm wondering if you can sell me on switching :D   I know this system, but if I can change to something better without having a stroke, I'd do it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

lurk

Quote from: Jeff on February 11, 2018, 03:10:00 PM
Yes, some of them are running random image scripts.  Send me a PM about your portal. I've never used it and really never knew about it.  I'm wondering if you can sell me on switching :D   I know this system, but if I can change to something better without having a stroke, I'd do it.

Jeff, do have a test site, either live or local that you could try it on.  I don't think the portal is causing your layout problem, more the way the banners are added I guess.  Not that I'm good with responsive stuff.  I'll shoot you a pm.
My FF Gallery

Jeff

On mine, all the banners resize using max-width style attributes, unless I missed one.    They seem to resize on anything I have here.

lurk

Quote from: Jeff on February 11, 2018, 03:40:39 PM
On mine, all the banners resize using max-width style attributes, unless I missed one.    They seem to resize on anything I have here.

You're right.  I was testing in IE11, which is why I'm not seeing it.. 
My FF Gallery

Jeff

I've been getting to a point as I get older, that I gotta know when to say when. Trying to please every stinkin browser can really get to a guy that knows not much of anything about coding other than what I pick up by looking at source code. :D  So, I try to do the best I can for most, and for some, OH WELL!! :D :)

lurk

Quote from: Jeff on February 11, 2018, 04:13:38 PM
I've been getting to a point as I get older, that I gotta know when to say when. Trying to please every stinkin browser can really get to a guy that knows not much of anything about coding other than what I pick up by looking at source code. :D  So, I try to do the best I can for most, and for some, OH WELL!! :D :)

You do a great job, much better than I could even attempt. It looks great in firefox, chrome, and edge.  IE11 I'm still in the habit of testing with, handy fr spotting broken images etc.. 

I'm currently about to release our new portal version to the world, glad I have people who can code it for me, otherwise it would be a complete mess. lol..  You should see it announced over at SMF very soon. 
My FF Gallery

Jeff