iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

i am new

Started by Mr Mom, November 17, 2005, 09:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Mom

Hi,
    everybody!!!!        just joined. been reading old post and new.
      trying to lear all that i can. might a get mill next year. Hoping alot!!!!!
     wife tell me that i spend to much time here :D :D. I told her that i learn
     alot from everyone here. thanks for your time.... ;D ;D

Modat22

I'm pretty new myself, but welcome from Irvington Ky!
remember man that thy are dust.

treeboy

Hi Mr Mom, can I assume from your name you are also a "stay at home dad"? I worked out in the woods of BC as a forest tech for a few years. My wife wanted to stay in Vancouver, soon was making double what I was - then I got layed off. Wasn't too hard to decide who's watching the kids.

Now we have 16 acres in the interior of BC, lots of beetle kill pine. Thanks to the advice of members here we bought a small mill and are going to try building something.

Good to have you here.

Spencer

Mr Mom

Thanks guys!!!!  I have been looking for a place to call home.
Went to other sites but did not right :-\.  Yes i am a stay at home dad. The wife got a offer were she works higher pay . a little less than what we both made the year before.

ronwood

Welcome Mr. Mom. Hope you enjoy the site. A lot to learn.
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

crtreedude

Welcome Mr. Mom

when we were first married we decided someone had to stay home with the kids. I wanted to be the one but my wife was afraid I would lose a kid somewhere so I ended up being the wage slave.

I worked out well but I still think I got the raw end of the deal.  ::)

So, how did I end up here anyway?

iain

Hello and welcome

iain

ps do be carefull who you talk to on here, some people here are almost to common for words ;)

Texas Ranger

Hey! I resemble that remark! 

Welcom Mr. Mom.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Ernie

Welcome Mr Mom

I stayed home for a number of years and home schooled our 3 boys.  lots of Beach time and heaps of exploring ;D ;D

You will find this a great home 8) 8) 8)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

PawNature

GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

solodan

i'm hoping to become a stay at home dad in about 16 more years when the little one gets shipped off. then my wife can go out and get a real job.
well actually i have it pretty good right now. my wife and i each have small business we run and help each other out, we take turns taking care of the kids and putting them to work. Welcome Mom.

thecfarm

Welcome Mr. Mom.Glad to have you here.I enjoy it here and you will too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Mr Mom

solodan---someday i would like to have a small business just wood trim,pic frame stock,other little stuff.

Ernie---home schooling my oldest he is 5yrs old. he likes to go walking in the woods with me.

crtreedude---now that it has been three years, my wife wants to stay home but her job is more stable than any that i could find.

treeboy---i have 14 acres all woods nothing to big,but have to build a barn kids want a pony wife wants a horse. So i told her that i needed a mill to make the lumber :D :D

thanks to everyone that responed to hope someday to meet some of the closer members.

Quartlow

Welcome aboard neighbor!!
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

solodan

Quote from: Mr Mom on November 17, 2005, 09:49:45 PM
crtreedude---now that it has been three years, my wife wants to stay home but her job is more stable than any that i could find.

treeboy---i have 14 acres all woods nothing to big,but have to build a barn kids want a pony wife wants a horse. So i told her that i needed a mill to make the lumber :D :D

you can tell her that the lumber you make for yourself is just practice,
so you can make money with the mill after that. then when your makin all that money she can stay home if she wants. see it's a win win situation.

oh yeah don't mention the other equipment your gonna want just yet, get yourself the mill first. keep us all posted.

Dana

You will always feel welcome here and learn a lot of things from some amazingly tallented people.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Mr Mom

solodan--- had to convince her to let me get a mill,that took weeks(felt like years :D :D) but she said that i could use tax money. As for the other equipment i have a friend that skids with horses. one friend says that he cound come over with his tractor. the rest of the equipment is me  :D :D.

Jodi

crtreedude

Mr Mom,

You will find this group is really talented - especially in making up excuses why we need more stuff....

Mr Mom

crtreedude -- i might need some good ways wife is very smart. she needs every little of detail before she gives it the ok. i hate not having a job  :-[ :-[ :-[

isawlogs

First step is to be elected to take care of the budget ..  Then it just gets easier  ;D 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ernie

Quote from: crtreedude on November 18, 2005, 06:39:10 PM
Mr Mom,

You will find this group is really talented - especially in making up excuses why we need more stuff....

It's Reasons, reasons not excuses ;D ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

lawyer_sawyer

welcome to the forum Mr. Mom.  I know my wife and I have talked about me being a stay at home dad but usually only when my son has been more than a handful that day.  when he is easygoing and content then she thinks it best that I work and she stays home.  :)
Love the outdoors, chainsaws, my 300 win mag, my wife and my son but not exactly in that order.

crtreedude

Nothing wrong with doing a business plan for your toys... As long as they are break even, there isn't an issue.

Why do you think I have plantations in Costa Rica?  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!