iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Florida test

Started by Haytrader, March 11, 2003, 10:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haytrader

Hey, how come you Froridians hadn't told us they were gonna test a big fire cracker down there? Just heard on CNN that it will go off some time this afternoon and will be a big un. Those that don't know about it will be in for a big surprise...... :D   :D
Haytrader

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Whatchusay? ?

Where's my shotgun?

Tom

I didn't hear a thing.  It must not have been as big as all that.

Setting one off in the panhandle and worrying about alarming Florida is funny though. that place isnt't all that wide and Alabama and Georgia stand a better chance of being alarmed as I do way over here in Jacksonville. :D

I found my shotgun though, :-/

Haytrader

Tom,

Are you sayin it was a fer peice from your home 20?

Dan G,

Did you hear it? I just got in so I haven't got the news on how loud and how bad it was. Supposed to be a big Daisey Cutter. I saw first hand what the little ones did.
 ;)

Haytrader
Haytrader

Tom

10-4 too far.  That's where you're s'posed to be when a big bomb goes off.  Where you can say ....   "What was that?" :D

DanG

Ehhh? What you said? Seem's I can't hear very good, all of a sudden!

Ackshully, I didn't hear nuthin, either.  How big wuz that thang supposed to be?  I'm only 150 miles from Eglin, so if it was all that big of a firecracker, I shoulda heard it. Maybe they oughta build a bigger one. ;D

I know Florida seems like a skinny little slip of a place, but y'all gotta remember; it's further from Pensacola to Key West, than from Pensacola to Kansas City. :o
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Yep, it's further from Jax to Pennsacola than jax to Miami too. This sucker is just about as wide is it is long. :P

That was a 21,000 thousand pound Daisy Cutter dropped from a C-130 onto Eglin.  I'm surprised we didn't hear it on the East coast. :D  The wind must have been wrong. :D :D

MOAB (Massive Ordnance Air Blast) ??   Looks like they could have come up with a better name than that.

Haytrader

I think I heard Rumsfelter say somthin about possible intimidation of Hussain.
If it didn't scare you boys, how do they spect it ta scare him? :D  :D
Haytrader

DanG

I unnerstand that Sad-*DanG has 56 palaces. How many MOABs do you reckon we will build?  Somewhere around FIFTYSIX maybe? ;D

Texas Ranger

that bomb was an extension of a BFR, or, for fact, BFB. ::)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

billbobtlh

MOAB mother of all bombs

Tom

Remember Sodom and Gomorah and the destruction of the cities by flame raining from the sky? (along with other crazy and lethal things)

Lot ran with his family.  His wife and two sons-in-law didn't make it but he and his two daughters did.  To try to preserve the family line, the eldest got old Lot drunk and she and her younger sister got pregnant by him.  What was the name of the eldest daughter's encestuously begotten son?  Moab.

Moab founded the Moabites.  The land of Moab is to be found somewhere in Jordon today and that's awful close to where this "Mother Of All Bombs" is planned to be used. It looks like that area is just destined to be annihilated by a scorched earth policy whether of their own making or not.  

Thank You Sponsors!