iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Current Cost of sharpening blades ?

Started by leroy in kansas, March 03, 2017, 11:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leroy in kansas

It's been a while for me having blades sharpened. Can someone tell me what the going price is?
Thanks, Leroy in Kansas

Woodcutter_Mo

Assuming they are bands like the WoodMizer blades, I believe we pay around $7/each plus freight for ours.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Magicman

I use WM ReSharp and pay $103.00 for 10 blades including shipping both ways.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

duffdav

I got the Woodmizer BMS500 and BMT250 package on sale this past summer. I have been charging 5.00 though I have not been publicizing it too much. I run four resaws making wood products that go with mine roof support structures and hardly have time to sharpen my own.

Bruno of NH

I pay $7.00 per band and they have 3 new woodmizer cbn sharpeners
They do a great job
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

clintnelms

Just paid $7 a blade from a local guy that used to work for woodmizer. Been sharpening blades since1991 he said.

killamplanes

I pay 6.50, guy in tn. Has had a resharp shop for along time. Does alot of band resaw blades to. Kinda boring business to me but i got my own sharpener and his always better. Jerry resharp
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

Cedarman

Boring it was.  I now listen to books on CD while I set and sharpen.  Sometimes I even look forward to sharpening when I am at a place in the book I want to hear.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

FloridaMike

If I can find a re-sharpener at $7 per band in West Central Florida (so I don't have to ship), I see no reason to spend 4K to 5K on a sharpener/setter!  So does anyone know of such a person/company?

Hope I'm allowed to ask this question!  If not... Mods please remove this post.

Mike
Mike

4x4American

Quote from: Bruno of NH on March 04, 2017, 02:35:33 PM
I pay $7.00 per band and they have 3 new woodmizer cbn sharpeners
They do a great job

Bruno where do you go to?  A guy with a sawmill down the rd from me told me there's a great filer in NH.  He's been driving his blades to this guy all the way from here in NY!  He also just bought a cat claw and dts from the guy.  I'm gonna help him get it all figured out.
Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

Inconsistent sharpening/setting and transportation were the reasons that motivated me to try Wood-Mizer ReSharp.  That was 14 years ago. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

caveman

FloridaMike,
There is a fellow in Brooksville who sharpens some.  I took him 10 blades awhile ago but have only used two of them since he sharpened them.  I hit three nails, zing,zing,zing tonight while sawing a big water oak so it won't be fair to rate his sharpening with that blade.  If you are interested, I will PM you his info.  I do not know if he is looking for more work as he is retired.
Caveman

FloridaMike

Mike

Thank You Sponsors!