iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Live edge ERC bench

Started by DPatton, August 09, 2017, 09:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DPatton

1st of several ERC benches I cut out last winter.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

grouch

Anybody else think "steak" when looking at that?
Find something to do that interests you.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

ToddsPoint

One of the prettiest benches I've ever seen.  Compliments.  Gary
Logosol M7, Stihl 660 and 290, Kubota L3901.

WDH

The thru tenon design is very nice.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ed_K

Wow, that is really nice  8) . I had to push the like button on that  ;) .
Ed K

Downstream

very nice looking bench.  what did you use for finish?  I still have not had chance to saw or build with cedar yet. 
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

cbla

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Jeff

Quote from: grouch on August 09, 2017, 09:28:43 PM
Anybody else think "steak" when looking at that?
Nope. BACON!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

rjwoelk

Great looking bench!   Then food comes up  :D
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

DPatton

:D Maybe Jeff will relocate this topic to the FOOD, FOOD, FOOD category of the forum ;).

Downstream,
the finish is 5 coats of gloss spar varnish. First couple of coats were thinned so the product would penetrate better. last few coats were straight product. The can says "MAXIMUM SUN & WATER DEFENSE" but I bet it wont look like that for long if it were left out in the elements.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

D & S Sawmill Services

Stoneyacrefarm

Beautiful bench.
Nice work.
I'm with Jeff on the bacon though.  :D
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Joey Grimes

94 woodmizer lt40 HD kabota 5200 ford 4000 94 international 4700 flatbed and lots of woodworking tools.

kettlekorn

very nice.  I also would like to hear about the finish.  Is it destined to be outside in the elements or inside?  Again, very nice.  That ERC really pops.
EZ Boardwalk Jr , Kubota L3800,  250 acre farm

DPatton

Kettlekorn,

The finish information was about 4 posts back. But to answer your question it has 5 coats of gloss spar varnish. The final home for this bench is most likely inside as I'm certain the finish will not last out in the elements for long. It's to bad nobody seems to make a clear exterior finish that will stand the test of time.

D & S Sawmill Services

123maxbars

Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

flatrock58

I do like the tenon design.
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

fishpharmer

Beautiful cedar bench! Bacon bench ;)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

JB Griffin

Ican see it now. Craigslist ad

Bacon benches for sale. $300/lb. :D ;D
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

drobertson

Love that design, nicely done!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!