iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Junk slabs could be treasures

Started by redbeard, June 16, 2015, 07:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbeard

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2UqCaH2DDfU&feature=share  Not sure how they make the colors change but its something different.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

tule peak timber

I looked at the video, and have to say not a single customer of mine would go near that table. That aside...I think I like the idea and the craftsman's execution was very good. Two thumbs up ! By the way ,,I was born in Oak Harbor.  Cheers  Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

tule peak timber

I'm surprised that more members didn't   comment on this guys creativity and fabrication. There is something happening here that is noteworthy ....I certainly see it....and believe me it is all around all of us.  Rob

JohnM

Quote from: tule peak timber on June 16, 2015, 07:56:54 PM
I looked at the video, and have to say not a single customer of mine would go near that table. That aside...I think I like the idea and the craftsman's execution was very good. Two thumbs up ! By the way ,,I was born in Oak Harbor.  Cheers  Rob
I agree, Rob, while I appreciate the craftsmanship the actual piece doesn't do much for me.  Eye of the beholder and all that. ;D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

tule peak timber

One of my classes in college was "art'. I got an"F" . The only "F" in my life. Aced tech school in the military, straight "A's in business accounting, science,,,, Had a lot of businesses.....People PAY me now , as an artist. LOL..................... :D :D :D :D :D

goose63

Man I can think of half dozen people that would fight to get one
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

Some of the colors did not do much for me,but when it looked like red hot embers,that looked nice.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Left Coast Chris

Very nice piece but the lights detract from the natural beauty.  It could have a place in a commercial establishment or bar etc though.    Still, very nice work.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: thecfarm on June 18, 2015, 08:50:50 PM
Some of the colors did not do much for me,but when it looked like red hot embers,that looked nice.

My son (11), had the same response - the red and orange was neat but didn't like the purple/blue/green.  Same here.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Weekend_Sawyer

I like it.
I would try and have it flash between red, orange and yellow to look like fire.
Looks like the center is filled with charred pices.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

scsmith42

Fascinating concept and execution.  I bet that it looks good w/o the lights turned on. 
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

justallan1

I think it's very cool and looks to be beautifully made. I feel targeting the right buyer a guy could do quite well with something like this.
Personally, as a stand alone table it wouldn't work for me, but if you could go in and affordably make something like this that fit into the décor of a night club or ski lodge it may be a huge hit.
Where I live it would get a 3 second glance from folks trying to get a stool at the bar.

dustyhat

I never us the word cool but thats cool.

Thank You Sponsors!