iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Leasing a Bandmill

Started by EZ, November 10, 2003, 04:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

As of right now my mill is shut down, cause of making it stronger, faster, and will leap high timber in a single bound. Sorry folks, I got carried away for a minute.
Well any way I,m all caught up in sawing and the people that I have that wants some sawing done wants me to wait until after the new year. But if I have problems trying to get my new mill ready, I was wondering if any body has ever lease a bandmill for a couple of months. If so, did you have to pay for break down parts.
EZ

beenthere

EZ  Interesting question.
When I rent equipment such as Bobcats, attachments, excavators, etc. the deal is that I pay for anything that breaks. I would assume the 'lease' arrangement you talk of is the same. But I guess there may be 'lease' insurance available too.

Who else would pay?  Unless the damage is due to something buried in the logs, such as hardware, I would think it is a risk you take that the leased equipment will stand to be used by you.  If hardware, the agreement with the owner of the logs might dictate who pays.

If you bust something (other than a band) when running your own saw, who pays?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!