iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking at a Wood Wizard

Started by stonecold, January 03, 2012, 09:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonecold

New to the forum and thought I would ask a simple Newby question. I am looking for a mill to do weekend hobby projects mainly 4x and 2x stuff rough cut for now. I have a very small budget to get my hobby toys as my wife calls them. I have found an older 1996 Wood Wizard 10 hp with a home made 20' heavy duty rail. This mill has not been run in several years. The engine turns over ok and nothing seems froze up. I can not find any information on Wood Wizard brand. How hard would parts be to find? Anybody that knows any thing about these mills feel free to tell my how you feel about it.

Thanks,

Magicman

Nope, can't help you with your Wood Wizard question but Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

stonecold

jueston

like the magicman, i don't know anything about your mill, i have never heard of that brand. but if the motor is made by a large company then you will be able to get motor parts from them, other parts might not be so easy...

but welcome to the forum and we will see if anyone comes along who knows the mill....

MotorSeven

Is it a northern tool Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company mill like this?
http://toolsmet.com/gxlt/

or this

Link

Most small mills are pretty straight forward, so I will come down to price vs a good deal.
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

stonecold

Thanks Motorseven,
The guy that has it for sale is only asking 1k for it. I know it is going to need some stuff replaced due to sitting idle for so long. I checked on-line with NT and they don't have any information on that machine anymore. It does look like the one they sell now. Thanks for the reply.

MotorSeven

Jack, that's a sad but funny NT video :D

"...if it's not Scottish it's crap"
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

shelbycharger400

i tried to look it up but this is what i found... i typed wood wizard in google... this is what i got
http://www.wizardwands.net/wizard-wood-wands.htm

MotorSeven

Quote from: shelbycharger400 on January 08, 2012, 09:23:07 PM
i tried to look it up but this is what i found... i typed wood wizard in google... this is what i got
http://www.wizardwands.net/wizard-wood-wands.htm

a wand...oh good grief :D
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

Magicman

And now you can sprinkle sawdust stardust.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

shelbycharger400

the wife thinks im going to get her a wand now, after i pulled up that site yesterday.   she is into the harry potter movies..  i got a wand... let me walk to the woodpile..here we go .lol

eastberkshirecustoms

Magicman

shelbycharger400

;D  ya know... i just knew something like that was going to happen.  Yep...its magic!

captain_crunch

Must not be cold enough fer you fellers back yet :D ;D ::)
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Cutting Edge

A fella I used to work with has a Wood Wizard.  Pretty simple mill too.  I do know he did a little tweaking over the years and replaced the engine (wore out) but for a small mill he sure makes some nice quality lumber.  Alot bigger than 2xs.  Last time I visited he was sawing Black Locust 8x8's for a pole barn.
If memory serves me correctly, everything was available at our local bearing supply place.  Built with "off the shelf" parts...that is a definate plus!  Good Luck and Welcome!  I'm new here too, and believe me, Excellent Resource!!!!
"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

sweetfarm

Did you ever buy the Wood Wizard Mill?  Or does does anyone have any information on these mills like where they were made?

RIBota

I own a Wood Wizard. Mine is a 10hp with a 20ft log bed manual mill. They were made in Calif. in the mid 90's and went out of business. It's a very simple mill with 14in band wheels

Thank You Sponsors!