iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

auto idle

Started by doug olsen, February 25, 2016, 06:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug olsen

Having just recently become the new owner/operator of a LT 15 mill, there are a few things I was not too quick to pick up on. The one that comes to mind is that when I first used it, I thought that when I came to the end of my cut and declutched the blade, prior to returning the head, that the engine speed would decrease by half, for example. Was this just my imagination and are they suppose to idle back.  Mine is not doing this now but maybe it is not suppose to..
Who can straighten me away on this.... What about other mills, do any of them have an auto idle feature.  This should not be a big deal, as my old welder has it.
LT 15/portable trlr., 580 Case hoe/thumb, JD 570 Skidsteer (bkn.) 500 Rubicon quad

sawguy21

First of all, glad to have you aboard. Check for a solenoid attached to a link that goes to the governor arm or directly to the throttle shaft. If not there it does not have auto idle.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

gfadvm

My older LT15 idles down when I disengage the clutch. Mine has mechanical linkage between the clutch lever and the throttle.

MartyParsons

Hello,
What engine is on the LT15?
Thanks
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

WDH

The 2001 LT15 and the 2008 LT15 that I ran both idled down when you disengaged the clutch at the end of the cut.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

doug olsen

My mill has the Kohler engine , Marty
LT 15/portable trlr., 580 Case hoe/thumb, JD 570 Skidsteer (bkn.) 500 Rubicon quad

Jemclimber

They came with a 15hp Kohler, an 18hp Kohler, and the new one I think is a 19hp Kohler.  Marty may need it narrowed down a bit, not sure.  Mine, with an 18hp Kohler has a mechanical throttle cable that engages/disengages with the clutch throw to idle up and down.
lt15

doug olsen

Sorry about the lack of info..Mine has the 15 HP engine, if this helps

MartyParsons

Hello,
The Kohler 15 hp with e start has a throttle cable and a spring. The cable can be adjusted. It sounds like the linkage to the governor is binding. I would remove the air cleaner cover and check to see what is going on.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!