iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Such a beautiful sight.

Started by thecfarm, March 01, 2018, 07:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I have 3 deer under the oak tree about 30 feet behind my house. There is not much bare ground for them to find acorns under the tree.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tawilson

They know the acorns are there. A couple years ago the apple trees on my property had a good year and I noticed the deer would clean up under some trees as soon as the apples hit the ground and not touch others. That winter I found out why. They knew where to paw through the snow to find the apples.
Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

Up at the farm here we get about 3-4 deer all year that we see. No oaks right here, but red oak on the mountain. I don't think many deer there either, I never see a deer around it. I have seen a couple flocks of turkey this winter down river in under red oak trees. There are some hanging around here to, but might see them once a year. I see grouse more often and 6 were flocked up on the woodlot this fall. I see one at a time this winter, always singles. Lots of coyote activity, they did get one deer late in the fall and have been digging around where they left a leg for most of the winter. They dig down through the snow to the frozen ground.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!