iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timberking 1400 log turner/log clamp

Started by thelogsmith, April 15, 2018, 09:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thelogsmith

Just wondering if anyone has done any macgyvering of the log turner on these. Have seen a few posts about it but haven't seen if anybody has had any luck. I've got a 1400 on order and utilizing the chain turner but taking it from manual to hydraulic is at the top of my to do list. And since I'm doing that I'll tackle the log clamp to make it 2 plane as well. Its always better if someone else works the bugs out first but and I can just follow directions> :D
tk1400, husky 2100's, a 298, 372's a 357 and a token stihl. john deere 317 skid steer. cut it twice and its still to short!

DDW_OR

"let the machines do the work"

thelogsmith

I'd definitely appreciate some photos and thanks for the link. I have a rough plan worked out to turn the manual chain turner to hydraulic, and thinking on log clamp. But as you well know the devils in the details
tk1400, husky 2100's, a 298, 372's a 357 and a token stihl. john deere 317 skid steer. cut it twice and its still to short!

f350rd

thelogsmith, I have built my own chain type log tuners for my mill. I used wench and linear actuator for the movementson the turner all are 12 volts. I have turned logs up to 38" 16 to 20 feet with no problems.

EZ boardwalk 40 Modified, New Holland lx 865, cat e70b excavator, welding/machine shop, 1999 f350, 2011 f350,72" granberg chainsaw slabbing mill,
48" chainsaw mill

DDW_OR

will take photos tomorrow of the turner, log stops, and log clamp

DDW_OR

DDW_OR

thelogsmith

Thanks for the pictures . F350rd how did you attach the sprocket to the winch drum? The 1400 has a hand crank chain log turner that should be pretty easy to convert over to power like you did. And awesome looking fab work on the turner. DDW_Or  thanks for taking pictures also. I can see headaches in my future fabbing the log clamp. cant decide whether to install an aux hyd pump and run hyd motors and cylinders on both or do linear actuator route. And I don't even have the saw yet already redesigning it.  

Thank You Sponsors!