iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

H Prentice Loader ???

Started by Blue Duck, January 08, 2007, 08:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Duck

Good Monday morning fellows.  I'm going this evening to look at a Prentice H series (truck mounted) loader and a Franklin cable skidder (probably a 132).  I don't know anything about either one of these peices of equipment other thatn they are both late 70's-early 80's.  What can you tell me about them?   Any comments appreciated.
I don't know what your ambitions are in life..
but you ain't gonna get them done drinkin decafe coffee

J_T

Well how did it go ??? Those H KB loaders were good ones just check the turn table. Most those Franklin's were tough skidders . I just got a Timberjack 225 and a Barko 80 Still putting the Barko on a truck .Good luck and have fun .
Jim Holloway

Blue Duck

Well, the man telling me about it said both pieces of equipment were runnign and working good, he's asking $6,000 but the other fellow said he'd probably take $5,000.  So I took a good friend of mine up there with me to look at the equipment.  The loader was mounted on an old Chevy 7000 Asplundh truck and had the cab crushed in pretty bad from a tree fall.  foot feed was broke on the truck and had a wire through the dash to the throttle on the carb.  The engine on the H was just comlpletely rebuilt and ran very well.  There was a hydraulic leek in turn table, couldn't tell if it wasa cylinder or just a hose.  My friend noticed a crack in the frame ofthe loader and a torn pin in the grapple but the man pointed that outand said he had the right pin for it behind the seat of the truck.  I noticed the loader is awful far back on the truck and he said "yeah it needs to be turned around.  Right now if you hit a bump in the road the front wheels ofthe truck will bounce off the ground   :o.

The Franklin was not a 132.  It is a 142 that the man called a 170 (  :-X awful small for a 170).  2 good tires 2 bald tires.  Strong motor in the skidder.    Uses a little oil.  Needs a starter and center pins are working but very worn ( jerking on the winch cable to get it to release caused it to flex in the middle).  The man's price was $8,000 for both and wouldn't take any less.  I figure another $3,000 to put them both back in great condition.  Now we're at $11,000 for late 70's equipment.  I'm going to pass on the two because there isn't any room to trade up without taking a beating in the future.       

Mooseherder

How much ya give me for this one? :D

This one is in working condition with good Frame but gets moved around with a Wheel Loader. ;D
It came with the mill we bought last summer.
Cab is being used for Boom rest. It has detroit diesel power behind the cab and is in line for future considerations and suggestions. ;)

Coon

Mooseherder,  I think you should sharpen your pencil upand find your drawing paper.  You have got a start to one heck of a forwarder there.  Good engine, good loader there.  You probably even have some steel there for part of the frame.  If not a complete forwarder you could even opt for just a forwarding trailer.   ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Blue Duck

Mooseherder- that's a cherry right there.   smiley happysmiley

smashingcars

hello  and good evening   my father as 3 prentice loaders  one is a 100H  truck mounted  it a really nice pieace of eqipment  but i am in need of parts its been not working for a very long time years. I  have been looking around on the web but have found none  of the 100 H. Does any one now  if the parts are still avil for prentice  our any where else.    Also for one of the other prentices  a lot smaller then the 100h but  still very good  i am in need of a power take off  the model number is
PT41KW C5 G  it from Chelsea.  If any one nows a good spot for parts for  prentice log loaders  please do tell  I would post photos to but no way to

Thank You Sponsors!