iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First Time

Started by Autocar, May 09, 2014, 10:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Ive ever taken any of my log trucks to a repair shop, I needed brake shoes drums and bushings on the S cams. Replace the bearings and seals also, Ive always done all that I knew how to do myself but started thinking about what it all amounted to and figured Ive never seen a U Haul truck following a hearse to the cementary so went turkey hunting and mushroom hunting instead. But its hard to wait for them to get it done Ive got logs to haul and the ground is starting to get fet.
Bill

Hilltop366

Ok I bite.
Quote from: Autocar on May 09, 2014, 10:33:38 AM
Ive never seen a U Haul truck following a hearse to the cementary so went turkey hunting and mushroom hunting instead.

What?

xalexjx

Quote from: Hilltop366 on May 09, 2014, 11:49:20 AM
Ok I bite.
Quote from: Autocar on May 09, 2014, 10:33:38 AM
Ive never seen a U Haul truck following a hearse to the cementary so went turkey hunting and mushroom hunting instead.

What?

If he's a trucker he's prolly talking about the u-haul carrying all his $$$  :D
Logging and Processed Firewood

Bert

I get what your saying. Although, usually I wind up kicking myself wishing I would have done it myself.
Saw you tomorrow!

chester_tree _farmah

I think he means he is taking the time to smell the trees.  smile_banjoman

Did u get a bird autocar?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

luvmexfood

There's an old saying in some parts of the country about never seeing a u-haul following a hearse. Basically what it means is when you die don't matter how much money you have you can't take it with you.

Sometime's it's better in life to slow down and enjoy it. First thing you know you will be in a position where you can't and all you can say is I wish I had done that. It's better to be able to say remember the time we did so and so.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Autocar

Yes you can't take it with you thats exactly what it means  :D I figured everyone had heard that one and know so far turkeys are winning, I took a great nephew over the weekend and I called in six birds but the last three came in togather and he got turkey fever and missed him at thirty yards or so.But we did find a few yellow mushrooms and we caught enough bluegills out of the pond so we ate pretty good.
Bill

chester_tree _farmah

Sounds like a heck of a lot more fun that wrenching on a rig. Nice!
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Firewoodjoe

Most definitely. I've been hiring a friends son to help out. Been doing dry wall and I'm 62 cord behind on firewood. My wife is due in 8 weeks and I decided the $100 on Saturday for his wages is well worth the time saved. A note on the brakes we had to take a class for air brakes because if we get pulled over and the dot ask who adjusted the breaks and the driver says I then he (the driver) has to have a card in his wallet saying he can leagaly do it. Things are getting out of hand

Hilltop366

It all makes sense to me know, though most of the truck drivers I know are already broke so they don't have the problem of worrying about taking it with them.

timberlinetree

I might be riding in a uhaul instead of a herse! My kids are costing me a fortune but money well spent! :D
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Autocar

Turns out the S cam bearings were ok and also wheel bearings so with the new brake drums, brake shoes and one hub it came in just under five thousand. Alot of money but it saved alot of wear and tear on my old body.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!