iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grampa's Gun

Started by Jeff, November 12, 2004, 07:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

QuoteI hope you get that pin unstuck.

Yea, me too! Especially since Noble wants me to cross several state lines with it to shoot it in Missouri.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bro. Noble

That pin being stuck won't keep it from firing.  What you want to be real careful of is that the pawl that indexes the cylinder with the barrel isn't bent or worn.  Make sure it's checked out real well by someone that knows what to look for before you shoot it.  Course you gotta find some ammo first ;D   I paid $1.85 a box (50 in a box) for mine --------a few years ago ;)
I figger on charging you double :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

sawguy21

Jeff, enjoy that piece. I have an old Sears bolt action single shot .410 my grandfather used to put grouse in the pot. No value to a collector but it too is part of my history.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Larry

Great, great, great grandpa used this gun when he was a body guard for General Grant (guess that explains why I don't like grits) ;D.

Grandpa used the same gun when he homesteaded in Colorado.  He got into a fight with Indians or ranchers or jackrabbits and loaded it a little to heavy one time.  Notice the crack in the cylinder?  Dad said when he got the gun it was locked up tighter than a bank vault.  Took quite a while to free it up.  Dad also removed some of the marks from a  previous gunsmith that used a pipe wrench and hammer.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!