iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Suckers!

Started by Jeff, May 12, 2011, 04:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Here I am in my beloved U.P. for the first time since last December. My friend and Neighbor Steve Dagger was good enough to come up and be my chauffeur since I am not yet able to drive.  I am going up to Sugar Island tomorrow to do some web consulting and also to see some of my pudding stones being sliced.

Steve has never been to this part of the U.P. so I was showing him a few favorite little spots around the area. Turns out thje Creeks are currently full of Suckers, and here I am one armed and in no shape to try and get me some. Oh well, its a blessing to be up here and be able to walk the edge of the creek and see the beauty around us here.  Here is a photo of Steve and a video clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xx2e1S4_eg
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SPIKER

looks like a nice batch of em.  used to eat as kids a lot, haven't caught one in 30 years now...   look like they are swimming kind of hi in the water though.  seems the ones around here used to hug the bottom.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

doctorb

What's the drive time from Harrison to the U.P.?

I must assume the suckers are in spawn mode.  Did you know abtout this springtime behavior before?  Does the stream continue for a long distance or does it end in a lake or pond fairly close to where the pics were taken?
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

thecfarm

What a nice neighbor. I thought it was about time for them to be running.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Quote from: doctorb on May 12, 2011, 08:00:41 PM
What's the drive time from Harrison to the U.P.?

I must assume the suckers are in spawn mode.  Did you know abtout this springtime behavior before?  Does the stream continue for a long distance or does it end in a lake or pond fairly close to where the pics were taken?

This is about 100 yards from lake Huron.  3 hours from Harrison. They are into spawn, and it is about time for them. U.P. for this variety is usually mothers day give or take a week

Reddog

Jeff

pretty sure they are reds. Not black suckers like we get over by curtis. These have the appearance of a red stripe while in the water

Tom

Y'all need to rename those suckers something besides suckers.  I keep thinking you're getting all excited about leeches or something. :D

SwampDonkey

Nice little trip to the stomping grounds. You have a fine neighbor to take the time

We have them here to, but no one fishes for them. They come out of the main river to the small streams to spawn. Used to see a lot of them lay like that in deep holes. The Muniac stream is 10 feet deep or more at the mouth and you can see clear to the bottom. They would come in there by the hundreds. I don't think they are very abundant now a days.

That creek is kind of like this one from the UP over by the park. ;D

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

one and da same Donk. :)

treefarmer87

we have them here in our creeks too. i used to catch them for snapping turtle and bass bait.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

doctorb

Maybe you'll find them on the local menus! ;D

Famous Sucker Quotes:

"There's a sucker born every minute"

"Never give a sucker an even break"

"I'm gonna git you, sucka"

"Its morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money"

"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is, it's you!"
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!