iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thank you Wood Mizer customer service

Started by delvis, July 02, 2014, 06:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delvis

I just wanted to say thank you to the Wood Mizer customer service team for help that I have received from them twice in the last month.  The first time was help with the head dropping which POSTON steered me toward.  They are aware of the problem in what seems to be a gear box that is a little too efficient.

The second problem I had the other day was my drive belt squealing when the mill was in idle.  I had made an adjustment to the belt, up and down turnbuckle, and brake a little while ago and did not do it correctly.  As a result, the belt was too tight and was grabbing in idle and the brake was not grabbing at all.  The turnbuckle was not centered the way it is supposed to be when the belt is tensioned, and the belt keeper off the drive pulley was too far away from the belt.  The person I spoke to at WM identified the problem right away and steered me in the right direction to get everything back in order.  The owner's manual was invaluable to get these things back in order as well.  Thank you Wood-Mizer customer service.

On a related side note, I am asking for a nice digital camera for my birthday as I would like to start making a series of videos regarding alignment and basic repair for the WMLT40HD.  I would post the videos on the popular site everyone knows about (not sure if it is okay to plug that site here.), in order to help people who are new to the mill with the basic adjustments and alignments the mills need and to get feedback on my methods as well.  What do you folks think about this? 
If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

Peter Drouin

Wood Mizer is the best. They have been helping me for 27+ years.
Just remember the service you got from them when you need parts and blades. That's what keeps them working. ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Peter Drouin on July 03, 2014, 06:26:02 AM
Just remember the service you got from them when you need parts and blades. That's what keeps them working. ;)
....and the time and expense saved by just placing the order in that first phone call.......
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

delvis

I've only used WM blades and parts since the mill was new.  There is a local blade sharpening shop not far from where I live, but he uses a Cook's Cat's Claw sharpener and has never bought the cam he needs to sharpen WM blades so I have to send my blades to Re-Sharp.  That's fine, but I wish I could get them done locally.  I should invest in a sharpener and setter and take care of my own blades and maybe a few others as well.
If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

Peter Drouin

Quote from: delvis on July 05, 2014, 10:16:18 AM

I've only used WM blades and parts since the mill was new.  There is a local blade sharpening shop not far from where I live, but he uses a Cook's Cat's Claw sharpener and has never bought the cam he needs to sharpen WM blades so I have to send my blades to Re-Sharp.  That's fine, but I wish I could get them done locally.  I should invest in a sharpener and setter and take care of my own blades and maybe a few others as well.

Get a WM CBN sharpener and dual tooth setter . And don't look back. That CBN in oil makes the blades better than new. :D
It will pay for itself in less than a year or so. I got over 600 sharpening from one CBN wheel, and I don't grind light. :D :D
With the oil you won't burn the tooth like a rock will.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

YellowHammer

Quote from: delvis on July 02, 2014, 06:59:24 PM
I would post the videos...in order to help people who are new to the mill with the basic adjustments and alignments the mills need and to get feedback on my methods as well.  What do you folks think about this?
smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
A picture is worth a thousand words and a video is worth a thousand pictures.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

POSTON WIDEHEAD

If ya don't post the videos....they don't exist.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!