Wood Wizz comes to California!!!

Started by B@kerLuke, March 12, 2018, 10:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B@kerLuke

This weekend, March 15-17, Baker Products will be introducing the Wood Wizz to the great state of California for the first time at the Redwood Region Logging Conference in Ukiah, CA.  This will be a great opportunity for you to come out and see an innovative way to plane and surface slabs from rough cut all the way to finished product on one machine: the Wood Wizz.

The Wood Wizz has a 3 horse power motor and 5" round planing cutter head with indexable tips (optional 5.5 horse power, 6" cutting head available).  The planing head has a receiving port to receive an 8" orbital sanding pad, so the slab never has to leave the table.  The sanding pad is hook and loop, so easy changeover from one grit to another, all the way to a buffing pad.  The head can be free floating for manual planing/sanding, or can be indexed every 3.5" and move forward and reverse with the variable speed chain drive.  It even comes with a crane to load and unload those heavy slabs with one person.  Surfacing areas can be 4'8" wide or 6' wide, with lengths from 11'3" to 17'10", or longer upon request.  Take your rough slabs and burls and create beautiful table tops, benches, counters, coffee tables, end tables, etc.  We've had customers look at the finish product and insist that we have put some sort of finish treatment on the wood, when in fact, we have only planed and sanded the material.  Check out the photos of some walnut, end grain discs taken from rough chainsawn to beautiful.  It's that good! 

Don't miss this opportunity to see this amazing machine in action this weekend at the Redwood Region Logging Conference in Ukiah, CA.  Come see Jeff or Adam, and maybe even take home a slab processed on the Wood Wizz.  You'll be glad you came!

Ljohnsaw

That is impressive.  Ukiah is a bit far for me.  Wish you would go to the Sacramento Woodworkers show at Cal Expo.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

Any chance you have any video Luke?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

B@kerLuke

B@kerLuke

I forgot to mention that the Wood Wizz also has the ability to edge and join slabs!  One more feature to make your life easier...

Wood wizz Matthew Collins Designs - YouTube

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Carson-saws

Real nice! I must have missed it but is there some kind of "set works" that controls the width of the cut in increments? As far as, an "automatic" amount of movement per cut?  I saw the up and down is lever controlled but curious about the other. Thanks
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

B@kerLuke

There is no setworks with this machine.  The width of your cut is controlled by an index rail that runs along the top of the gantry.  A lever locks into index grooves every 3.5" to give an even, straight, consistent cut with the planer head for each pass.  The head can be locked into a free floating position to bypass the index grooves and allow for smooth motion manually on the x and y axis for sanding and buffing.

thecfarm

I saw something like that at the woods expo in Bangor Maine in 2016. I talked to the guy about it and he shut it off so I could really see how it worked.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

B@kerLuke

Well, this past weekend we wrapped up the Redwood Region Logging Conference in Ukiah, CA.  It was less than ideal weather conditions, but still good to meet all who braved the weather and came by the booth.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  

If you have any questions about the Wood Wizz, functions, price, availability, or how it could improve your business or hobby, call Baker Products at 573-663-7711.  We would love to speak to you!